Locate Unprocessed Melodyne Regions

razor7music

Hello Group--

I noticed while I was loading my current project, that Melodyne was loading as an fx. I bounce to clip and render all my Melodyne regions, so I must have missed one. The problem is, I'm near the end of a project and there are many, many tracks and audio clips.

Does anyone have a nifty trick for locating where the unprocessed Melodyne region is?

Thanks,

1 hour ago, razor7music said:

Hello Group--

I noticed while I was loading my current project, that Melodyne was loading as an fx. I bounce to clip and render all my Melodyne regions, so I must have missed one. The problem is, I'm near the end of a project and there are many, many tracks and audio clips.

Does anyone have a nifty trick for locating where the unprocessed Melodyne region is?

Thanks,

If it wasn't rendered the edited clip may have been deleted when it was closed. If it was not deleted it may be in a take lane. Otherwise I can usually identify them by name. 

Edited by Bill Phillips

22 hours ago, Bill Phillips said:

If it wasn't rendered the edited clip may have been deleted when it was closed. If it was not deleted it may be in a take lane. Otherwise I can usually identify them by name. 

Thanks. I'm pretty sure I'll know it when I see it, but it's going to take a long time to find it that way.

Edited by razor7music

it might be something you could identify in the Melodyne separations folder - presumably they're cleared or updated when rendered so sort by date or even their presence might be what you need. since they're usually some arbitrary name, you may need to listen to some to figure out what the track is.

melodyne seps 0.png

melodyne seps 1.png

• Like 1

On 11/26/2020 at 12:35 PM, Glenn Stanton said:

it might be something you could identify in the Melodyne separations folder - presumably they're cleared or updated when rendered so sort by date or even their presence might be what you need. since they're usually some arbitrary name, you may need to listen to some to figure out what the track is.

melodyne seps 0.png

melodyne seps 1.png

Sorry. I'm not at my DAW & don't think those .nff files have anything to do with Melodyne or Cakewalk. I use region FX which bounces clips to the project audio folder and, at least in my recent experience, places at least some of them in take lanes. I believe that when I decided to undo changes made and rendered using Melodyne, I muted the rendered clip and re-edited and rendered the recorded clip. 

the nff files are create by Melodyne - in a separations folder (either the global one, or per-project depending on using the UI or the region FX). these are the individual blobs you see in the UI. once rendered they're (supposed to be?) cleared, but sometimes i find them left over when  close a project and forgot to render the track. finding the newest one and/or largest (sort of like organizing by alphabetical-height order) you can play it (assuming youo've set your media player to recognize nff files for audio playback) and it might help.

all that said - it sounds like you got things sorted...

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, John Vere said:

If you update to Melodyne 5 this issue has been corrected. The metadata is now stored in the WAV file. I just upgrade to M5 Assistant and took some time to read the update release notes. 

Ah, good to know. Not sure Santa will be giving me v5 at this point!

4 hours ago, Glenn Stanton said:

the nff files are create by Melodyne - in a separations folder (either the global one, or per-project depending on using the UI or the region FX). these are the individual blobs you see in the UI. once rendered they're (supposed to be?) cleared, but sometimes i find them left over when  close a project and forgot to render the track. finding the newest one and/or largest (sort of like organizing by alphabetical-height order) you can play it (assuming youo've set your media player to recognize nff files for audio playback) and it might help.

all that said - it sounds like you got things sorted...

Thanks for explaining that. I don't recall ever seeing those. 

2 hours ago, John Vere said:

If you update to Melodyne 5 this issue has been corrected. The metadata is now stored in the WAV file. I just upgrade to M5 Assistant and took some time to read the update release notes. 

Thanks. I upgraded to M5. I'm a novice Melodyne user and only used M5 a little on one project so far but M5 seems a lot better integrated with Cakewalk and have a lot more features than M4.

56 minutes ago, razor7music said:

Ah, good to know. Not sure Santa will be giving me v5 at this point!

I think the upgrade is free if you have M4 essentials  I do think I upgraded from the free Sonar version to Essentials a long time ago for cheap. They just sent out a Black Friday deal to upgrade to Assistant for $99 and I fell for it. I really haven't used it much. But this winter I will spend some time to really learn how it works. 

8 hours ago, John Vere said:

I think the upgrade is free if you have M4 essentials  I do think I upgraded from the free Sonar version to Essentials a long time ago for cheap. They just sent out a Black Friday deal to upgrade to Assistant for $99 and I fell for it. I really haven't used it much. But this winter I will spend some time to really learn how it works. 

I've got v4 editor. To go to 5 editor is $100