TTS1 causing fatal error

brandon

Question

I have about 15 tracks in a project, mainly audio with lots of effects and softsynth drums and SI bass. Everything fine. No lags, no dropouts. The project is rock solid stable. an dplays everytime.

I removed the SI Bass and replaced it with the TTS1 Fingered Bass and all I get is fatal errors everytime I attempt to play the track even when it is solo'd. Any ideas?

17 answers to this question

Thanks for that Nigel.  Although its a shame am also glad its not something wrong with my project. Might be a bit tricky to remedy it now. Do you know if there is there another way of doing this?

Edit. I think I know the answer. Create a new project with one track in it. Add the TTS1  then copy the midi into the track and bounce it to a wav file then import that into the original project. 

Edited by brandon
  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

On 11/26/2020 at 8:17 AM, brandon said:

Thanks for that Nigel.  Although its a shame am also glad its not something wrong with my project. Might be a bit tricky to remedy it now. Do you know if there is there another way of doing this?

Edit. I think I know the answer. Create a new project with one track in it. Add the TTS1  then copy the midi into the track and bounce it to a wav file then import that into the original project. 

Try this, Brandon.  Open new project, insert TTS-1, then go to the Media Browser and bring up the folder your project is in.  From there drag and drop your project into the new (TTS-1) project.  The two projects should merge as one. Now you can save the combined project as a new project.  I hope that solves your issue and make the fix a little easier.

Kind regards,

tecknot

36 minutes ago, tecknot said:

Try this, Brandon.  Open new project, insert TTS-1, then go to the Media Browser and bring up the folder your project is in.  From there drag and drop your project into the new (TTS-1) project.  The two projects should merge as one. Now you can save the combined project as a new project.  I hope that solves your issue and make the fix a little easier.

Kind regards,

tecknot

Might I need to delete the TTS1 from the original project first or will it be subsumed into the new project?

20 hours ago, John Vere said:

Before you go to all that trouble did you know you can customize the SI Bass and dial in better sound than the default. I find the SI bass sonicly miles ahead of tts1

Hi John  -when you say dial in better sounds can you elaborate.  Or do you mean from the drop down list in the softsynth? I am looking for a good fretless sound but wasnt happy with the preset in SI Bass.

Thanks

Edited by brandon

Ah   Ya not sure it has that I use the Jazz bass and tweak it.  

there are free bass vst’s out there you might try KVR and see.  Fret less is a completely different sample set.
If you have Dim Pro the acoustic bass is very good and you could jam it up with effects. It has that nice fret less rubber band at higher velocities. 
tts1 the bass sounds are like tuned farts. 

I use the Ample P bass lite for most songs 

I couldnt get the Ample P Bass Lite to work for some reason. Downloaded it a couple of times but no sound at all.  I use the Ample Guitar no problem.

EDIT: I just got it to work. Do you know if there is there only one preset that comes with the free version or are there more hidden deep in the files that came with it? And do yo have any hints to get a decent sound from it? Thank you

Edited by brandon
mistake

1 hour ago, John Vere said:

It is only one set of samples a P bass. I find it very convincing and I’m picky because I’m a bass player   Well I don’t actually play bass with a pick  which is probably how they sampled this one  

Sorry John when i said fretless bass I meant to say fingered bass  -thats the sound I am trying to emulate. is that possible with the P Bass?

As I said, I have been seeking a good bass sound via midi since 1985! The Ample is the closest to my ideal so far. The free version is all I use but I want to purchase the full version someday but it's like $100.   The free version only goes to low E and I play 5 string parts sometimes. Then I use the SI Bass

For my serious higher quality stuff I do use my real bass. ( I have 4 of them)  But for some clients and my backing tracks I play the bass part and drag the audio to a midi track. Melodyne does a pretty good job of conversion. I will still have to quantize and do some duration and pitch editing but the midi track is 90% good to go. Then I use the Ample bass and if you flip between the Ample and my audio track there's not a huge difference in tone. 

Tip-watch your velocity as it does a slapping or slide?  sound above 118. I keep mine at 110.