Strange behavior of automation envelopes on MIDI/Synth track - bug?

Cristiano Sadun

These days it's hard to  record backing vocalists due to covid, so I purchased a new backing vocals synth (the engine is EastWest's Play 6.2) and I'm learning the ropes by trying it on a song I'm mixing. 

What I'm specifically doing is to automate the "volume" control of the  synth so that I can control exactly where the sound fades.

In order to do that, I add an automation envelope on the synth's "volume"  parameter, and set up a simple 4.-nodes fadeout curve.  This works fine.

• The problems start  when I add 4 new nodes to create another curve: I can create the nodes alright, but I when I move the points, the previous  nodes move or disappear. 
  • If I then move one of the nodes and undo, some of the midi data after the last node disappears!
  • If I undo again (to the event where I have just created the last of the 4 notes), the data reappears.

Here's the link to the Dropboxed video . The behavior is repeatable (even if open/close the DAW etc).

• Is it something in this project that's corrupted?
  • Or anyone has experienced issues with MIDI automation?

It's really the first time I use automation envelopes on MIDI tracks so don't know if it's known issue or something. Automation on audio tracks (which I use a lot, all the time) works just fine. Obviously there's other ways to do what I want , but it should work..  

Thanks!

PS: Cakewalk is updated to the last version (today's) but I experienced a version of the problem last week, with the previous version.

Edited by Cristiano Sadun