Random Steinberg updates - and future Nuendo discount

simon

There has been a few updates to SB software in the last few days, they tend not to be very active about letting anybody know

These include:

VST connect pro v5 to v5.0.10

Wavelab v10 to v10.0.50

Spectralayers 7 to v7.0.21

There was also some Groove Agent / SE updates when I checked but I don't think they are that recent

ALSO

Nuendo 11 was announced - released 9th December with a 20% discount on upgrades and new purchases until Dec 31st.  Prices don't seem to clear at the minute but it seem like they will be the same as previously.  i.e. 199euro for the upgrade (minus 20%)

Headline is Dolby Atmos in the box - and some other stuff from Cubase 11

• Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, simon said:

https://www.steinberg.net/index.php?id=downloads_spectralayers_7&L=1

says 7.0.21 for me ?

no mention of it on the forum though (they keep their updates fairly secret ?)

The install is the same for all version IIRC - it's the licence on the elicencer that 'unlocks' the features

That's Pro and Elements...which do show as 7.21 in the Downloader...but SL One is still showing 7.20
which is kinda weird because they're all the same program, just with different features "unlocked"

Even the downloadable installer says "elements/pro" but not one

Edited by cclarry

Just now, cclarry said:

That's Pro and Elements...which do show as 7.21 in the Downloader...but SL One is still showing 7.20
which is kinda weird because they're all the same program, just with different features "unlocked"

yes - confirmed here

https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=305&t=203725&p=1073625&

FWIW the .21 update only has one fix 

"Using the ARA extension for audio clips with no name assigned no longer renders the application unresponsive."

maybe that doesn't apply to SL One ?

Just now, simon said:

yes - confirmed here

https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=305&t=203725&p=1073625&

FWIW the .21 update only has one fix 

"Using the ARA extension for audio clips with no name assigned no longer renders the application unresponsive."

maybe that doesn't apply to SL One ?

I don't know...pretty convoluted of Steinberg...

15 hours ago, simon said:

sorry  - forgot the link

https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/downloads.html

(better than using the rather poor steinberg downloader)

Good to see that Steinberg finally has the direct links to Cubase11 and SpectraLayers 7 pro up on their website.  Steinberg Download Assistant did go through a couple of updates this AM, and now SDA appears to be making a meaningful connection to Steinberg software as well.  

At least right now, with these links up on the Steinberg page, I can relax about making sure the chicken feet aren't exactly north and south to mitigate the effects of the magnetic poles on SDA.  

I think SL7 an C11 weren't on there to 'encourage' people to use the Steinberg Download Assistant ....but that was causing more problems alongside the elicencer shambles that happened.....so they posted them.

SDA has got better but it's still clumsy - especially as it doesn't recognise if an update is available.....(like plugin alliance!)

• Like 1

Steinberg

2 hours ago, simon said:

SDA has got better but it's still clumsy - especially as it doesn't recognise if an update is available.....(like plugin alliance!)

It's awful.  I still can't believe Steinberg has nothing to help tell me things I have installed have updates available.  This morning I realized I didn't have Halion 3 SE outside of Steinberg apps, so I went and downloaded (using SDA) it's standalone installer.  When I ran it, it claimed it needed to update my bundled Halion as well as install/add the vst3 version for non-Steinberg apps to use.   But the crazy part is that I had just installed Halion with Dorico 3.5 Elements (BF discount, still thinking about getting the full version) on Monday.  Surely that should have gotten me the most recent version, but no.

• Sad 1