I can't get my microphone to work with ASIO Exclusive.

yeto

Question

Hi,

When I try to use “ASIO Exclusive” I get the following error message and my microphone will not work:

"Audio Driver Error – The following driver(s) either do not support the current audio format, or are in use by another application. Please choose whether you want to disable them or use them anyway. Microphone (Realtek Audio)" 

If I go to “ASIO Shared” I do not get this message and my microphone will work. Any ideas as to how I can get my microphone to work with Exclusive?

Thank you,

yeto

8 answers to this question

2 hours ago, reginaldStjohn said:

You have to make sure that windows is not using the microphone.  One way that might work is to disable it in the sound manager control panel so that windows will not use it.

Thank you. I tried your suggestion. It still didn't work but at least that confirms "I think" that I don't have the needed drivers.

Thank you for taking time to help,

yeto

18 hours ago, Kevin Perry said:

At work I have a similar USB mic and that won't work in Exclusive mode either, for no good reason I could ever find.

If I am ever able to get it to work I will report back. 

Thank you for your help,

yeto

On 3/14/2019 at 8:09 PM, yeto said:

If I am ever able to get it to work I will report back. 

Thank you for your help,

yeto

Not sure if this is necro posting, but did you ever get it to work? I'm having the same problem with my micrphone. The mic is an LCS USB Microphone if that's needed or helps at all.

6 hours ago, Galatic Guitar said:

Not sure if this is necro posting, but did you ever get it to work? I'm having the same problem with my micrphone. The mic is an LCS USB Microphone if that's needed or helps at all.

You might want to start a new thread.