Orb Producer Suite 2 - 69 € (-30%)

Tomgu

There are plenty of discussions and videos all over the Internet, try searching.  I was waiting for it to go on sale to check it out.  I'm planning on switching to a Maschine based production and I don't know how this would fit in.  Midi routing in Maschine still sucks!

@TomguYou could even try searching this forum! 

Basically I use Orb Producer Suite or Captain Plugins for something quick. Rapid Composer is another option although much deeper than the others but is a bit intimidating and costs more (for the pro version, don't bother with the lesser version). Version 4 has just been released and has many improvements and is also on 25% off intro offer. I have been using it this week and getting some good results. 

I might also invest in Sundog this week as it is on sale and looks like an alternative to CP or Orb Suite. I already use Chord Potion from the same developer. 

Edited by ZincT
Improve content while at my PC
  • Thanks 2

It’s a good deal and quite powerful.  Lots of creativity possible from it.  The supporting material, like YouTube explanations, are pretty haphazard.  It’s intuitive enough to get how it works by clicking around.   As mentioned, there are alternatives that equal or have similar capabilities to what it offers.  If you look at those you might evaluate which one suits your preference.

There are a ton of them out there. I'll use something like Liquid Music and/or EZ keys and bass to quickly come up with something.  I think Orb Producer hits a sweet spot where it may sit right in the middle.  I also think I like the interface as it seems easy enough to work with.  I'm still sort of stuck of the price of an "idea" tool that's not a DAW.   Still it seems like a nice piece of software.