I Am Poorer Again

bayoubill

39 minutes ago, craigb said:

And now you know why it took me 20 years to buy a single-coil guitar (though I do appreciate them now!). 🙂

Same here. I didn't get a single coil guitar until a few years ago.

9 hours ago, Grem said:

Same here. I didn't get a single coil guitar until a few years ago.

I think I may be able to top that one. I still have never played a Gibson Les Paul. I could have played one at Guitar Center but the strings are so crappy and so many distractions I  didn't think it would accomplish anything other than break the streak. I had a pretty nice Epi but never a Gibson. I can't really play with the guitar resting on my leg either. I need a strap. I didn't really have any money for one either so I didn't want to get all hot for one. I will have one someday though. I love Bills new honey!

Hey, Bill,

Lookin' good, buddy, nice addition to that fine collection!  I'm glad you love that beauty, enjoy!👍

I still have my 1971 Les Paul Deluxe with a Gibson factory custom neck, it's a little beaten down and scarred up after being my main guitar for most of my life, but it still plays like a champ.  I'm actually in the process of restoring it and going to have it refinished.  Last summer I actually bought a new bridge, bridge pickup, set of locking tuners, jack plate, switch plate and control knobs.  LOL, all I need now is the actual time to work on it and get it custom painted.  It breaks my heart to see it sitting in the case with half the parts removed!  Hopefully this summer I'll "Git 'er Done"!😁

Have a blast, Bill, and crank it up for the neighbors!😁
Bob

Glad to hear from you Bob! How ya been? I'm playing everyday or as much as possible. I suppose I need to start  recording again. I have so much fun with the playing part I forget about the recording part.  Let me know how bout your LP!

Hey Bill , my congratulations go out to you  on getting your new Les Paul. It sounds like you are having a real blast with it .

Yes they do have a certain appeal ( wink )  . They can be a real expressive and refreshing guitar to play especially if one had to wrestle around w Fenders and other assorted planks of wood for decades ...LOL

hey man have fun , hope to hear some new tones of yours that used used the Les on ,

Kenny