I Am Poorer Again

bayoubill

1 hour ago, bayoubill said:

The horror. The HORROR !

XX  woke me this morning saying Sweetwater called  to say the sign was a misprint and what it should have said was WAIT 24 DAYS before opening 

once again she can’t quit laughing 

You sure she was referring to the guitar when she said you'll have to wait 24 days? 😏

• Haha 1

I would wait Bill. That was a great help they gave with that message.  And like Hidden is saying, it may have been exposed to tremendous changes if it went by air.

Just talk a walk around the block..... a few times!! : )

4 hours ago, craigb said:

f3c851c17cbc8436b3a8af89e604efda.jpg

Nancy approves of Nancy!

Dreamboat Annie was one of my first LP's that I brought with my paper route money. 
Those of you folks that reside in the Chicagoland area will know about Rolling Stone Music Store in Norridge, IL. Got most of my records from them.
Gee I am getting old :)

That's a real beauty, Bill, and I think you're richer for owning it.
When I was a teenager, I didn't know anything about guitars. We played what we had; Framuses, Teiscos, Tru-Tones. 
In 1972, we rotated Stateside and lived at my grandmother's house for a few months. My oldest brother had left a bunch of music magazines there from when he lived there. One was a Guitar Player magazine and on the back was a Gibson ad showing a white LP and a black LP facing opposite directions. I fell in love with the Les Paul from that photo. The shape, I think, is the most beautiful guitar form ever conceived.
It wasn't until '78 that I got to buy one, thanks to the layaway program at Professional Music in Raleigh. It was a black on blond 1955 reissue with P90s.
Alas, I had to trade it in for a bass rig in '80. I currently own an Epiphone LP, which plays and sounds great, But some day, some way,  I'm going to get a "real" Les Paul.

Congratulations, and happy playing!

Greg at George's.jpg

• Like 1