Free Vintage Clipper - Nembrini Audio

tom

1 hour ago, simon said:

installed a VST3 here ?

When I tried to install it I kept clicking VST3, but it never installed.  Finally I clicked VST2 and in installed right away.  Maybe it's just my machine, but I just wanted to help people avoid any confusion if they were trying to install VST3 but nothing showed up.  I hope I answered your question.

I can confirm that you can use this without a dongle. It looks like the Cloud License model phones home when you start your DAW.    I love the look of this plugin and the simple and intuitive UI.  Looking forward to checking this out.  Thanks Nembrini Audio!

• Like 1

Confirming that:

1. Installer asked which of VST2, 3, and AAX I wished to install and obeyed my choice of VST2 and 3

2. Plugin asked me for license key upon CbB startup and accepted it, no dongle required

3. Nice resizable UI, and I threw it on a drum machine track and it gave it a crunchy, slightly pumpy depth that wasn't there before, so entirely worth the registration and d/l IMO

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

2. Plugin asked me for license key upon CbB startup and accepted it, no dongle required

I added the license to iLok first, then ran the installer, so it didn't ask when I started up. SLightly different method to get installed, but same result. A free and totally usable clipper/saturator.  Really digging this plugin!   :) 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mibby said:

I can confirm that you can use this without a dongle. It looks like the Cloud License model phones home when you start your DAW.    I love the look of this plugin and the simple and intuitive UI.  Looking forward to checking this out.  Thanks Nembrini Audio!

I've got CbB firewalled, so it's not phoning home directly. 

I think its communicating with the iLok License Manager service locally on your machine. 

So it's iLok License Manager that is actually phoning home and checking to see if you're still connected.

7 hours ago, mibby said:

I added the license to iLok first, then ran the installer, so it didn't ask when I started up. SLightly different method to get installed, but same result. A free and totally usable clipper/saturator.  Really digging this plugin!   :) 

Mibby, me too.  I'm hoping this is a "teaser" and that others in the same vein will follow.

16 hours ago, TheSteven said:

Re: VST3

Confirmed that they both (VST & VST3)  install - but at the moment I can't get either version to work in Cakewalk.
On my system both versions scan as Bad.ba1d673fe922567295cf1024a0e499d0-full.jp

As a long shot maybe uninstall everything and just reinstall VST2.  I had problems getting VST3 to install correctly. 

4 hours ago, jude77 said:

As a long shot maybe uninstall everything and just reinstall VST2.  I had problems getting VST3 to install correctly. 

I'll try that when I get back later.
I did leave the dev a message about the VST3 issue, which he said thanks about notifying him about.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 53mph said:

I tried installing, Windows really didn't like it.  I also couldn't get it to work.

Where is the VST2 version?

It's in the same install package as the VST3.  When you install you get the usual choice of installing AAX/VST2/VST3.  just make sure only VST2 is checked.

Ok, so I tried installing the VST2 version, but now it says my key doesn't work because it is already registered.  Also, when I try the demo version, it asks me for the login for my iLok, which is localised to my computer, but doesn't seem to find it. 

I'm at the point of giving up with this plugin. 😞

• 2 weeks later...

Well, you can't say I haven't tried.

I install the VST2, but when it comes to unlocking it my serial number is always refused.

I've tried putting it in iLok first and then running VST.

It just keeps saying that the serial no is no longer valid.

I even tried getting another serial number (after all, it's free) - still says no.

I'm fed up trying to install this....

Big NO NO