Free Vintage Clipper - Nembrini Audio

tom

iLock cloud is where you authorise a "cloud session" rather than a computer, or a physical iLock dongle.

Your computer then needs to log into the cloud session to pick up the authorisation.

When your computer leaves the session, it's available again.

The downside is that your computer needs to be online for joining the session.

After that, it's authorised. So you only need to be online for a few seconds. I'm not sure at what point it checks again though.

Edited by msmcleod
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

Had interest until I saw this:

Plugins require an iLok3, or iLok cloud for authorization

A major - .   Who wants to buy an iLok upgrade when iLok 2 requirements are plentiful.  I may be guessing but this comes across as someone worried more about protecting the product over improving it.    Let's see Boz, IK, and many other developers.....no iLok. 

Edited by kitekrazy

from:  http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/faq/iLok-Cloud-FAQ

iLok Cloud FAQ

PACE has introduced a new feature called iLok Cloud, which allows Pro Tools 2018 (and iLok Cloud-enabled plug-ins) to be authorized by any compatible license located in the user’s iLok Account (no need for a physical iLok or machine-licensing).
This feature requires that the computer is continuously connected to the internet during use. If the internet connection is lost an error message will appear after a few minutes explaining that a valid license must be present to continue using Pro Tools.
Note that the error messages won’t pop up during playback or recording.

Q: How many Pro Tools systems can be licensed simultaneously with iLok Cloud?
A: Only one instance of Pro Tools can be used with iLok Cloud licenses at a time per iLok Account. If a second Pro Tools system is logged in to an iLok Cloud Session on the same account the first system will be logged out.

etc.  more details on web page...

1 hour ago, Piotr said:

I guess using cloud ilok is not much different than using Waves license manager. 

For me it means not to forget to release licenses before moving to other location to be able to use it :)

Sounds even worse to me:

This feature requires that the computer is continuously connected to the internet during use. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

Sounds even worse to me:

This feature requires that the computer is continuously connected to the internet during use. 

Well, in such case, correction, it means for me unusable :) 

Additional background task during work to check license over network and possible affect latency...

They could at least create some kind of token transferred for session time. Kind of similar to Waves.

Well, I can forget about it. Fortunately have free USB ports so can use ilok dongle.

6 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

Sounds even worse to me:

With all of the no shortage of mixing plugins I'm moving away from certain types of authorization schemes.  Ones like Melda is simple and don't have a machine limit.

13 hours ago, Fleer said:

Just checked. Over 200 iLok titles, working just fine. 

Fleer, I'm with ya.  I don't quite understand the iLok hate.  In the early days there were problems, but I haven't encountered any snags in the last 6-7 years.  Two years ago I had a HD collapse and had to reinstall everything.  With my iLok stuff I got my backup HD out, reinstalled everything, plugged in my iLok and was off and running without a snag.  Maybe I'm lucky, dunno.

• Like 1

Just to return this thread to the actual topic for a moment, I downloaded and installed this thing and it is quite potent.  A little goes a looooong way.  It's not bad, but you don't need to use much of it.  And, for what it's worth, if you install it if gives you a choice between VST2 and VST3, but, in fact, will only install VST2.  Anyway, I think it's definitely worth a demo, and I look forward to what they do with it next.