Overloud Black Friday Sale

cclarry

3 minutes ago, Sander Verstraten said:

They should really put some Rig Library Bundles up. Releasing  3 news ones at least once a month is just ridiculous.

They have problem with understanding they are providing something to very closed ecosystem and at some point it is too expensive to buy more...

They are doing no discounts if buying more, no bundle etc...

Losing money... And customers... No loyalty awards... Their choice... Lack of imagination...

• Like 3

I have been holding off on upgrading my TH3. I now see that Overloud have the upgrade on sale. But to be honest I am more tempted to just but Metal and Rock at these great prices, then just add a couple rig libraries. I hate to bump this thread up but what are some of your favorite rig libraries?

Those deals are huge disappointment... To be honest they convince myself it makes no sense to invest in their products anymore...

only 1 gem at 29 rest 79 as with any previous deals? No discount with buying more etc?

Well... Good... waiting for PSP...

1 minute ago, Mark Stow said:

I have been holding off on upgrading my TH3. I now see that Overloud have the upgrade on sale. But to be honest I am more tempted to just but Metal and Rock at these great prices, then just add a couple rig libraries. I hate to bump this thread up but what are some of your favorite rig libraries?

Rig libraries are a slippery slope.  Depends on who captured the rigs, whether they include cabs in the chain, etc.  I like the dynamics of some of the rigs better than the stock sounds, but find myself reverting back to the stock sounds more often than not.   Rigs I do like: Fortin, Petrucci.  The BE100 isn't bad either, but I'd rather see all of these added as stock amps in THU itself - even as an upgrade path.  Just no more rigs.  Can't trial them, quality is hit or miss, etc.

I agree, Piotr, that its not customer friendly AT ALL.  I hope AT5 upgrade makes them rethink their strategy and to work in updates to main THU.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 2

1 minute ago, Marc Cormier said:

Rig libraries are a slippery slope.  Depends on who captured the rigs, whether they include cabs in the chain, etc.  I like the dynamics of some of the rigs better than the stock sounds, but find myself reverting back to the stock sounds more often than not.   Rigs I do like: Fortin, Petrucci.  The BE100 isn't bad either, but I'd rather see all of these added as stock amps in THU itself - even as an upgrade path.  Just no more rigs.  Can't trial them, quality is hit or miss, etc.

I agree, Piotr, that its not customer friendly AT ALL.  I hope AT5 upgrade makes them rethink their strategy and to work in updates to main THU.

Thanks for detailed response. I own TH3 Full. My guess is I can upgrade that to TH-U Metal from TH3 Full for the current upgrade price of $9. I know it is a dumb question but want to check before i buy, i will also ask Overloud.

19 minutes ago, Mark Stow said:

Thanks for detailed response. I own TH3 Full. My guess is I can upgrade that to TH-U Metal from TH3 Full for the current upgrade price of $9. I know it is a dumb question but want to check before i buy, i will also ask Overloud.

Yes, please do. Then more people make them realize they are selling RIGs without giving opportunity to test them first (like temporary code or so) is pushing many people away of RIGs... Video with demoing is not good enough...

And it is - imho - another their selling mistake against RIG market...  You buy something in blind and you are disappointed you will probably not risk anymore and skip them all in future.  Simple like that

• Like 1

Personnally i'm kinda dissapointed by the lack of serious updates for TH and markbass ...been pushing this to those gentelemens but it's slow ... i'm selling my TH3 for that , it could have been exellent but the lack of energy put on it exept this rig endless sampling is making a producer like me wondering if they really think , only people using this are guitar players seating on chair jaming with a rig ?

Hi hopes on AT 5 (cpu hit is my concern , so this dayz that for the first time in my life i'm 99 % close to buy an uad octo just to fre up some cycles for the rest ..) 

1 hour ago, Zo said:

Personnally i'm kinda dissapointed by the lack of serious updates for TH and markbass ...been pushing this to those gentelemens but it's slow ..

Very long ago I was asked them to make kind of obvious improvement  for TAPEDESK like adding possibility to manage whole groups of instanced for groups of tracks.

They agreed with me it is something very welcome and said it would be one of first priority. I was so happy... Fast forward many months (years?)  still lack of this so useful feature...

1 hour ago, Zo said:

Hi hopes on AT 5 (cpu hit is my concern , so this dayz that for the first time in my life i'm 99 % close to buy an uad octo just to fre up some cycles for the rest ..) 

yup, for non-UAD or non-Antelope users it is even bigger concern...  Cannot wait for test... Who knows maybe Zo will give us a shot about it with a video? ;)

1 minute ago, Piotr said:

Very long ago I was asked them to make kind of obvious improvement  for TAPEDESK like adding possibility to manage whole groups of instanced for groups of tracks.

They agreed with me it is something very welcome and said it would be one of first priority. I was so happy... Fast forward many months (years?)  still lack of this so useful feature...

yup, for non-UAD or non-Antelope users it is even bigger concern...  Cannot wait for test... Who knows maybe Zo will give us a shot about it with a video? ;)

I asked Ryan if i could have a pre realease demo or some to really put it on run , i will certainly ask you guyz for guitar parts (as well as Peter)  and test it ... as a prodcuer ,i'm pretty sure , zillions of metal guyz will do videos on it then lol as soon as i see a review with a man doing clean to crunch i'm like Amen !

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sander Verstraten said:

Maybe time to sell Overloud and get some Neural DSP

i opened a session last day , just few tracks cpu going crazy , i checked : nurald dsp cory wong : 48 % cpu per instance , basically it was fuking up 2 threads on a 8 threads comp , enormous ....so kudos has to be giving to overloud at least for Cpu hit , neural dsp is , imho for GTR PLAYERS , not for producers  , boucing track seems a must with those at soon as you go stereo and all modules used ... also bug fixing is kinda slow , i dnetified a bug (seriious one on cpu) in abasi , they confirmed and telling me they're on it , several month later i asked back , they told me update is coming , i sold it several days ago  , i know they gonna smash it as they did with the nolly bug i found , but it's slow ...and i noticed strange behavior on cory wong .... all this to say that sounds /features is a thing , relying on the tools is another , in that aspect , never had an issue with less bling bling brnds...

Edited by Zo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Sander Verstraten said:

Maybe time to sell Overloud and get some Neural DSP

THU will never leave my projects mainly because it sounds great and the CPU hit is lower - by a huge margin - than anything other decent amp sim out there.  It really is a great plugin.  Having said that, Plini, STL have found a home with me but THU remains my main workhorse.  Neural plugins sound amazing but the CPU hit is MUCH higher than THU.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Marc Cormier said:

THU will never leave my projects mainly because it sounds great and the CPU hit is lower - by a huge margin - than anything other decent amp sim out there.  It really is a great plugin.  Having said that, Plini, STL have found a home with me but THU remains my main workhorse.  Neural plugins sound amazing but the CPU hit is MUCH higher than THU.

MArc THU stock or with Rig mainly ?

Mostly stock, Zo, but it depends.  I got burned with one of the Rig packages and stopped buying them.  I have about 8, I think, but go back to American Classics, Fortin, and the Petrucci pack; mostly patches with no pedals and replacing their cab with an IR.  If I'm looking for light touches/clean tones, I find the dynamics a bit closer to physical amps but it's negligible in the mix.