Magix Black Friday Sale

cclarry

As usual with a Magix sale, not one penny off for Vegas.   $199 for an upgrade, just like all the other days in the year.

I'm on Vegas Pro 16.  I don't a single new feature of any consequence since then to make me want to buy over those two years.

It wouldn't surprise me if in 2021 and 2022 or 2023 they still won't have added a feature that makes me go "Wow! Have to have that!" 

When I bought Pro 16, it was because of "new features" I wanted and the plugins they threw in to sweeten the deal.  But after I got it I found out that many of the "new features" were from previous versions.

I like using Vegas, but it was a totally different product with Sony.   I am honestly perplexed about what their strategy is with it. 

• Like 3

If you don't want to have a sale, then fine.  Don't have a sale. 

But at least sell your product for $200 during the year and then knock off a buck for Black Friday. $199.

Or $199 and one cent all year round and then $199 during BF. 

I can just see their board meetings.  What should we add in our new Vegas upgrade?    Oh I don't know, 5% of what other companies do in their free upgrades?  Sounds good. 

• Haha 3

Something new this time in the Acid Pro Suite is the Brainworx Plug-in Package including: bx_oberhausen bx_townhouse bx_rooMS bx_delay 2500, bx_clean sweep pro

Personally, from that list I already have what I want, but it's a pretty solid set of plugins easily worth $75~$150+ (calculating sale prices between $30 and the rock-bottom $15 sale prices that you can get sometimes by combining a $40 sale voucher and a $25 monthly voucher, or similar combinations)

Edited by Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann
  • Like 1

That's why I bought Davinci Resolve instead. Pay a one time fee for the studio version of the product and get lifetime updates and upgrades for free! I bought it when it was version 16 and been getting free updates. Now with their HUGE version 17 upgrade, I'm getting that for FREE!!! 😎

32 minutes ago, Hillmy said:

That's why I bought Davinci Resolve instead. Pay a one time fee for the studio version of the product and get lifetime updates and upgrades for free! I bought it when it was version 16 and been getting free updates. Now with their HUGE version 17 upgrade, I'm getting that for FREE!!! 😎

Is it more stable, than Magix video software? I couldn't make a single in Davinci Resolve due to constant crashes.

19 minutes ago, Soundwise said:

Is it more stable, than Magix video software? I couldn't make a single in Davinci Resolve due to constant crashes.

It has been very stable for me, version 16. Version 17 is in beta right now so I'm expecting that it wont be as stable. I'll just wait for the official release which will be stable.

Edited by Hillmy
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Soundwise said:

Resolve is far more system dependent.  It can be very stable, but you need the right hardware to support it properly (and OS as well).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, antler said:

Just had a look - didn't realise it requires a dongle

Well that depends.

The free version (which is very full featured) doens't require anything.

The paid version has more than one authorization system available from what I understand.

I'd suggest a deeper dive to see if it really is a problem for you.   Honestly most pros don't even need the "paid version"   https://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=90256

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Soundwise said:

The system requirements for Davinci Resolve are greater than for Vegas:

DaVinci Resolve Minimum System Requirements:

Minimum: CPUIntel Core i7 or AMD Ryzen 7                    Recommended: Intel Core i9 or AMD Ryzen 9

Minimum: RAM16GB                  Recommended: 32GB+

Minimum: GPU4GB VRAM      Recommended: 8GB+ VRAM

Minimum: Media StorageSSD or RAIDSSD,   Recommended: Direct Attached RAID or NAS RAID (10GbE)

Vegas requirements:

Processor: 6th Generation Intel Core i5 (or AMD equivalent) or better. 2.5 Ghz and 4 Core minimum. For 4K, 7th Generation Intel Core i7 (or AMD equivalent) or better. 3.0 Ghz and 8 Core minimum.

RAM: 8 GB RAM minimum (16 GB recommended; 32 GB recommended for 4K)

Hard drive space: Hard drive space: 1.5 GB hard-disk space for program installation; Solid-state disk (SSD) or high-speed multi-disk RAID for 4K media

Especially in relation to GPU or graphic card RAM, Vegas will run with any card and you can (and usually should) disable GPU acceleration as the first thing to try if you are getting crashes in Vegas. Davinci won't go anywhere unless you have a decent graphics card with a slab of VRAM. Smooth performance depends also of course on the material you are editing and the codec you are editing in.

• Like 1

I've been waiting 6 years for them to add content to Independence Pro.  Any day now ..... Super deals have been offered on Samplitude upgrades. except - it ain't  as good as CbB as far as I'm concerned.  So it sits waiting for the occasional archived tune to play.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, antler said:

Just had a look - didn't realise it requires a dongle

From version 16 it doesn't require a dongle anymore. I'm using an activation card which is really just a serial number you get sent in the mail. Also can be used for 2 PCs.

• Like 1