Steinberg has its Black Friday Sale

cclarry

Cyber Deals: Save 50%!

Save a massive 50% on Dorico, Absolute Collection, SpectraLayers, Iconica, Nuendo Live and Cubasis. But hurry — this offer is only valid until December 7, 2020. Just enter the coupon code at checkout or save directly in the App Store or Google Play Store.
Your Coupon Code:
CYBERDEALS

Applies to updates and upgrades also!
https://new.steinberg.net/promotion/cyber-deals/?et_cid=15&et_lid=22&et_sub=Cyber Deals

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5

11 minutes ago, bluzdog said:

This will be hard to resist! Are we in a holding pattern on this one?

Rocky

Shortly...I'm waiting to see if discounters offer it cheaper...
So far only Sweetwater has it at all, for the same price...$40...
and no hurry, we have until the Dec 6th to pull the trigger!

Edited by cclarry

10 hours ago, cclarry said:

Yep...that's on my list...

I had said the famous last words of, "I don't need anything this Black Friday." With the hidden "but" being if Spectralayers was on a 50% off sale, which I thought was unlikely due to it being fairly recently released. But now here we are! And with this purchase I just realized that I own everything Steinberg make, except for Nuendo. At this point I think I should just move to Hamburg so I can attach myself directly to the company teat.

• Great Idea 1
  • Haha 1

I gave the Spectral Layers demo a go. I have stereo mixes of live shows that the sound guy from the Buffalo Rose mixed on the go. They're not bad but I would to work on them. I used the unmix to stems process in spectral layers pro. The stems have a lot of artifacts. Unless I'm missing something, this isn't going to work for me. Ymmv. I'm glad I tried the demo.

Rocky

7 minutes ago, bluzdog said:

I gave the Spectral Layers demo a go. I have stereo mixes of live shows that the sound guy from the Buffalo Rose mixed on the go. They're not bad but I would to work on them. I used the unmix to stems process in spectral layers pro. The stems have a lot of artifacts. Unless I'm missing something, this isn't going to work for me. Ymmv. I'm glad I tried the demo.

Rocky

I found it totally depends on the track and what you want to do with it.  I've lifted vocals from a track and they have been pretty good. Pulling out a piano or drums is less successful for me.   It splits the stems into layers and if you add the layers together they are identical to the original - the artefacts 'cancel out'.  This means if you just want to pull the vocal down a bit or eq then I think it's useable.   It does remove the vocal AND it's reverb as part of the unmix - which is less useful than just the dry vocal.

definitely try the demo, on the right material the unmix thing is  amazing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1