Installation Slow (If at all)

Rodney Mather

I've used Cakewalk for nearly 2 decades. I also purchased lifetime licence a year before it CW was sold. I have used Bandlab version since it came out. (I'm using Windows 10)

Today I wanted to urgently create a file, and to my horror I got a message that saving had been disabled, use Bandlab Assistant to Register.

Bandlab assistant was out of date, and attempts to update it failed, so I had to reinstall it from scratch.

The next message was, Cakewalk is out of date (No option for registration showed). So now I click update.

The installer is stuck on "Extracting files" with the progress at about 20% as it has been for at least the last 3 hours. (Previously when I have been 'required' to update all has gone smoothly.

It's now the end of the day and I have not created the file that I needed to make.

Q. How can installation be speeded up, and why did by previous registration become unregistered?

Frustrated is the polite way of stating my mood at the moment.

Activation must re renewed every six months.

This was done automatically when the program was updated or on demand without updating using the refresh activation feature.

The latest version of CbB does not require BA to update or re-activate. Program update and activation are now in the CbB help menu. Along with in-app activation, re-activation has been reworked to happen automatically, as needed, if an internet connection is available.