Crashes with preset or project loads

Noel,

I have tried to open sessions and templates with 2020.11 and 2020.11 update 1 and they both crashed. Here is the minidump file for 2020.11. I'm not able to send the second dumpfile because of the upload size limitation. Is there another way I can send the file to you?

File: Untitled_11242020_160934.dmp is with out the latest update.

Untitled_11242020_160934.dmp

Edited by LeVonne E Johnson Jr

@LeVonne E Johnson Jr the dump you sent was from build 88 which is earlier. So you get the same crash in build 93?
You can upload the dump file to any file share like onedrive or google drive and send me the link. This is the preferred way to do it. Also zipping the file will save a lot of space.

Something to try. Instead of opening the project from the start screen, please close that and open the file from the main application file menu. Or try File | New. Let me know if that works. How were you opening your project when it crashed?
Its crashing because something has prevented the app from initializing fully according to the dump. I suspect that something failed when initializing your audio device. Do you get any error messages?

@Erlend Holm your crash is different from the OP, its not the same issue. Its failing in the Waves 12 shell.
This is something you will have to follow up with Waves on since its their crash. Please contact waves tech support and give them the same dump file AND the track template containing the waves plugins. If you send me the template file I can also forward it to them.

Unhandled exception at 0x00007FFA19D6B3C3 (WaveShell2-VST3 12.0_x64.vst3) in Track 1_11282020_015537.dmp: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x0000000000000019.

3 hours ago, ot ouss said:

Hi, I have a same error as Mariuszl with Waves 12!!!

No problem on Waves 11.

You'll want to make sure that you notify Waves of crashes within the Waves shell. If you upload a dump here we can sanity check and forward to their development as well, but you always want to report issues with any plugin directly to the plugin developer.

• Great Idea 1

Same issue here. Uninstalled all my waves plugins and now I can load the project. I was able to open the project for a while at first with no problem but then without any changes to it, it started to give this error message. Does anyone know if it is a particular plugin or just waves in general?

For some reason I can't seem to upload my dump file.  I don't think it's too big as it's only 2.4 MB.

crash 2.jpg

Edited by Darcy

3 hours ago, Darcy said:

Same issue here. Uninstalled all my waves plugins and now I can load the project. I was able to open the project for a while at first with no problem but then without any changes to it, it started to give this error message. Does anyone know if it is a particular plugin or just waves in general?

For some reason I can't seem to upload my dump file.  I don't think it's too big as it's only 2.4 MB.

crash 2.jpg

If you have dropbox, google drive, or similar, you can always post a link too.