Melda Black Friday Sale

cclarry

I just checked and now the price is $35??  (Probably currency exchange or something?)  But, we can guess the retail price.  $35 is a 78% discount (from the website).  

So...  if I did my math correctly, the retail is going to be $159. (??)  

2 hours ago, mibby said:

On the other hand, if you buy if for $34, and the price goes up to say, $84 dollars, you 'd make...  Let's see, $50 x .70 = $35 towards your next bundle. That's dollar for dollar IF the retail price is a convenient $84 AND Melda gives you 70% of the current retail price...

Uh, no. If you buy it for $34 from Melda then it counts as $34 x 0.7 = $23.80 towards a bundle. They count only what you have actually spent, not what the plugin costs outside a sale.

39 minutes ago, Pseudopop said:

Uh, no. If you buy it for $34 from Melda then it counts as $34 x 0.7 = $23.80 towards a bundle. They count only what you have actually spent, not what the plugin costs outside a sale.

Yeah, that was a joke and wouldn't it be nice?   🙂

4 hours ago, Pseudopop said:

If you buy it for $34 from Melda then it counts as $34 x 0.7 = $23.80 towards a bundle. They count only what you have actually spent, not what the plugin costs outside a sale.

In regards to credit towards bundles - I confirmed this with Melda during their previous BF sale when I complained my trade up credit was too low.

• Melda tracks everything that you purchase from them and credits you .7 that amount. 
    So anything you buy on sale means you'll only get credited .7 of the sale price.
  • Anything bought from a 3rd party vendor or 2nd hand - is only valued at 50% retail and they credit you .7 of that 50% on those items.

Apologies for not mentioning this earlier when someone broached this subject, should have been paying more attention.

Edited by TheSteven
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, TheSteven said:

MSpectralDynamics

Not that it matters as the same logic could be applied to any of their plugins.
If you're only looking for one plugin a bundle or bundle upgrade make no sense.

That's the one I was looking at too.  At ThomannMusic.com, when I went to the desktop version of the site, it presented the price in pounds and it didn't look like a good conversion for me, but when I went to their mobile site (link below), I suppose it figured I was in the U.S. and the price was converted from euros and was already set at $99.  I paid with a Visa card so there were no currency conversion fees, and the total charged was $99.49.

https://m.thomannmusic.com/meldaproduction_mspectraldynamics.htm?o=0&search=1606338656

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TheSteven said:

Any idea what bundle that will be included in?  No point in buying it if you'll end up getting it for free.

I'd be willing to bet MDrumReplacer will be added to the MMixingFXBundle eventually.  In fact, I may spring for that bundle and take the chance.  Besides being the cheapest next bundle upgrade, it's got a few of the plugins I've been eyeing...   🤔

I just heard from another user on this forum, someone new to Meldaproduction products. With the newsletter signup bonus, the new user 20% credit and the BF 50% off everything deal their total outlay came to $11.36 for the FreeFXBundle upgrade, after tax.

That's less than half what I paid (and there have been at least half a dozen new plug-ins added to it since then), and I consider it to be one of the most useful plug-in purchases I've ever made.

• Like 2

On 11/25/2020 at 5:01 PM, Starship Krupa said:

I just heard from another user on this forum, someone new to Meldaproduction products. With the newsletter signup bonus, the new user 20% credit and the BF 50% off everything deal their total outlay came to $11.36 for the FreeFXBundle upgrade, after tax.

That's less than half what I paid (and there have been at least half a dozen new plug-ins added to it since then), and I consider it to be one of the most useful plug-in purchases I've ever made.

Since I am new to meldaproductions I followed those steps and got the freefxbundle upgrade for 11 something also.  Not sure what they all are, but seems like they are popular so why not give them a try. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, treesha said:

Not sure what they all are

Other than a gateway drug? 😄

My favorites: there's a really good, useful para EQ and I wish every compressor had the same graphical display that MCompressor (which also has all the usual compressor parameters plus HP and LP filters for the sidechain and curves you can draw yourself) uses. My two most used EQ's are the one in the Cakewalk Pro Channel and MEQualizer. MLoudnessAnalyzer is on the mix output bus in every project I do, and MStereoScope is on every drum overheads bus. MComb is a very versatile 4-pole filter, each pole can be set up to have its frequency, Q, and boost/cut modulated, and the modulators can be LFO or envelope follower, in combination, and the LFO shapes (and speeds) can be set a bunch of different ways. MTuner is a polyphonic tuner that also includes a pitch-to-MIDI converter. Any one of those would be a pretty good value at $11 by itself. Most of the rest are of the "need to have in my toolbox for when I need one" category for me. Ring modulator, flanger, phaser, tremolo, saturator, autopanner, algo reverb, convo reverb, vibrasto, spectrum analyzer, test oscillator, noise generator, oscilloscope. MAutoPitch is, I am told, a not-too-shabby realtime pitch corrector. I don't use them myself. There are even more. One I've never tried but want to is MCCGenerator, which lets you send out up to 8 MIDI CC values driven by its modulators. I think the idea is that you can use the LFO's in this plug-in to sweep the controls of other plug-ins whose parameters don't have LFO's of their own.

I had the bundle for years only using about half a dozen of them before one evening deciding to put a drum loop on and go down the MFreeFX list until I had tried all of the processors. I was....impressed, especially with MComb. I had thought before that that Arturia's Mini-Filter was pretty hot stuff for juicing up a drum loop. Not that it isn't, it's just that I haven't used it since I found out about MComb.

I just bought my new-to-DAW's buddy a license and it came to $10.72 USD after setting up his account, etc.

• Like 2