Melda Black Friday Sale

cclarry

One of the biggest advantages here in buying the bundles is free future support. Unlike some others in the business I won't mention who keep chipping away at that wallet long after the original purchase in order to stay updated.

At full retail those prices are crazy high for a hobbyist. At 50% this is beginning to compare to packages from others only in many cases these are better plugins and you should be "future proofed". I say "should" because maybe there's something in the fine print I missed.  If there is correct me. Otherwise it's free lifetime updates.

On 11/23/2020 at 11:15 AM, Starise said:

At full retail those prices are crazy high for a hobbyist. At 50% this is beginning to compare to packages from others only in many cases these are better plugins and you should be "future proofed". I say "should" because maybe there's something in the fine print I missed.  If there is correct me. Otherwise it's free lifetime updates.

I bought what is now called the MTotalFXBundle years ago. At the time, it was the most complete bundle, the only synth was MDrummer. Have received every FX since.

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, fitzroy said:

That's good to know. How do you like the Drum Empire samples? 

Right now TreeSizeFree says my MDrummer library is taking up 79.2gb.  56.9gb of that is DrumEmpire 2020.   Too be honest that's kind of large for as little as I've used them.  MDrummer has never managed to convince me it's worth dealing with.  The UI/feature set is really confusing.  Could I figure it out and find it's the most powerful drum system ever? Sure, but to be honest I mostly just stick with Superior Drummer 3.  I've yet to need a class on how to use it.

MDrummer kind of sets a high record for Melda confusion factor.  I'm pretty sure it's crazy over powered but I've yet to invest the time to learn how to use it.  Last time I tried to get the Rhythm Editor to do something was petty much a nightmare (I'm still not sure what exactly it did end up doing).  I think if I were to watch a few videos I'm sure I'd find it's not so bad.  Ultimately though I really wanted to see a drum kit and it let me click on the drums and hear them.  I guess you can sort of do that with MDrummer's mixer tab, sort of.

While I love the Melda plugins and use them when they are the best fit for the thing I want done, MDrummer and I have never gotten along.  But I'm not very drum focused either.  My advice would be to try the demo first and find some videos that can teach you how to use it.  There are a bunch of Melda plugins I never use/wouldn't have bought outside the bundle.  MDrummer is one of them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fitzroy said:

I think someone mentioned MDrumReplacer as being able to use the Melda samples, although if MDrumEnhancer can't, that's not a great sign.

Sorry, I wasn't very clear either. MDrumReplacer will absolutely use the Melda samples as does MDrummer of course.  MDrumEnhancer, which does NOT, is really just a quick way to add a sample/enhance your kick/snare.

I also agree with @Matthew Sorrels too in that MDrummer will no doubt be powerful and sound amazing, but it will also have quite a learning curve. I haven't tried it, but Melda used to have MDrummerSmall which was free and I did spend a little time with it. It was also hard (for me) to get my head around.  FWIW...

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

There's only one plugin that I'm thinking of adding to my set.
Any 3rd party vendors offering further discounts on single items?
If not I'll just wait till after BF when it lands in one of the weekly madness sales.

Everything is -50% right now, the same percentage as during the weekly madness sales.

There are people selling Melda plugins at KVR, but what I've seen they are not much cheaper than what you can get them from Melda directly (and sometimes people are asking more than half of the retail price). Probably because of the transfer fees.

7 hours ago, TheSteven said:

If not I'll just wait till after BF when it lands in one of the weekly madness sales.

I can be dense sometimes - which plugin? MDrummer?

On 11/23/2020 at 7:24 AM, Matthew Sorrels said:

The best winning move is to not buy anything and jump in at the MCompleteBundle level during the 50% off sale.  Every other choice and you'll end up paying more (sometimes a lot more).  The bundles are especially bad since you can't upgrade from a bundle to another bundle (other than to Complete)  even when they share a lot of the same plugins.  Of course MComplete is crazy expensive, but it does get you everything they will ever make, in theory.  That said the Mastering or Mixing bundles plus the paid free bundle is a pretty decent set and is a lot more affordable.

It makes more sense to buy a piece at a time direct and the 70% discount. 

19 hours ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

Right now TreeSizeFree says my MDrummer library is taking up 79.2gb.  56.9gb of that is DrumEmpire 2020.   Too be honest that's kind of large for as little as I've used them.  MDrummer has never managed to convince me it's worth dealing with.  The UI/feature set is really confusing.  Could I figure it out and find it's the most powerful drum system ever? Sure, but to be honest I mostly just stick with Superior Drummer 3.  I've yet to need a class on how to use it.

MDrummer kind of sets a high record for Melda confusion factor.  I'm pretty sure it's crazy over powered but I've yet to invest the time to learn how to use it.  Last time I tried to get the Rhythm Editor to do something was petty much a nightmare (I'm still not sure what exactly it did end up doing).  I think if I were to watch a few videos I'm sure I'd find it's not so bad.  Ultimately though I really wanted to see a drum kit and it let me click on the drums and hear them.  I guess you can sort of do that with MDrummer's mixer tab, sort of.

While I love the Melda plugins and use them when they are the best fit for the thing I want done, MDrummer and I have never gotten along.  But I'm not very drum focused either.  My advice would be to try the demo first and find some videos that can teach you how to use it.  There are a bunch of Melda plugins I never use/wouldn't have bought outside the bundle.  MDrummer is one of them.

I'm tired of hard drive bloat especially drums.   Audio developers are getting as bad a game developers.

I was looking through the Melda site and clicked on the "On Sale" menu under the "Effects" menu and saw that MDrumReplacer - still labelled Beta - is on sale for $34, "78% Introductory Discount"!  I hadn't seen that it was actually for sale yet (Like I said earlier, I can be dense), but that's a pretty good price for a Drum Replacer plugin programmed by a drummer! 

https://www.meldaproduction.com/product/discounted

19 hours ago, TheSteven said:

One of the Melda plugins I'm looking at is a little cheaper at Plugin Boutique and ThomannMusic.com (though have never bought from the latter).

5 hours ago, mibby said:

I was looking through the Melda site and clicked on the "On Sale" menu under the "Effects" menu and saw that MDrumReplacer - still labelled Beta - is on sale for $34, "78% Introductory Discount"!  I hadn't seen that it was actually for sale yet (Like I said earlier, I can be dense), but that's a pretty good price for a Drum Replacer plugin programmed by a drummer! 

Any idea what bundle that will be included in?  No point in buying it if you'll end up getting it for free.

29 minutes ago, TW5011 said:

One of the Melda plugins I'm looking at is a little cheaper at Plugin Boutique and ThomannMusic.com

Yes, sometimes you can find them for cheap on a "flash sale".   In fact, I happened to notice the other day my first purchase at Plugin was MAutoVolume.   AudioPlugin.Deals had a fantastic deal two years ago for MTurboReverb and MTurboComp for like $99 I think!

5 hours ago, mibby said:

I was looking through the Melda site and clicked on the "On Sale" menu under the "Effects" menu and saw that MDrumReplacer - still labelled Beta - is on sale for $34, "78% Introductory Discount"!  ...     .... that's a pretty good price for a Drum Replacer plugin programmed by a drummer! 

Not sure how that works.  The plugin is triggered by an existing drum track so if the original drummer's playing is lame, the end result might sound better sonically but the track will still be bad.  Unless you're implying the drummers write better code than other types of musicians or non-musician programmers.
Or maybe programming drummers charge more?
I'm probably just waaay overthinking this... blame it on not enough sleep & too much coffee.  Not really trying to pick on you Mibby.

But $34 is a very good price.

Edited by TheSteven

On the other hand, if you buy if for $34, and the price goes up to say, $84 dollars, you 'd make...  Let's see, $50 x .70 = $35 towards your next bundle. That's dollar for dollar IF the retail price is a convenient $84 AND Melda gives you 70% of the current retail price...

4 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

Not sure how that works.  The plugin is triggered by an existing drum track so if the original drummer's playing is lame, the end result might sound better sonically but the track will still be bad.  Unless you're implying the drummers write better code than other types of musicians or non-musician programmers.
Or maybe programming drummers charge more?

I'm probably just way overthinking this...

Haha! You're right of course. I was so excited about finding it at that price that I just fired off the note.  I must have had MDrummer on my mind when I wrote that.  🤔  I stand humbly "corrected".

But hey!  Only $34 bucks for a drum replacement plugin is pretty good, huh!  🤪