Devices

Robert Kennedy

Hi Everyone,

I'm a newbie to CW. I've been running Mixcraft for 10 year though.

I downloaded the version 2020.11 Build 088 64 bit.

I cant get CW to recognise my Roland FA-08 digital keyboard in Devices, please see attached pic. The option is greyed out, but it still works in an instrument track.

Any thought on why this would be?

I'm probably going to ask lots of question, but Creative Source Vids have been very helpful.

I live in Canberra, Australia. 

Cheers,

Rob

Capture.JPG

To try WASAPI (Shared), go to Preferences > Audio > Playback and Recording. At the top you can choose different Driver Modes in the drop down box. 

The ASIO4ALL Control Panel can be accessed from the Windows task bar's hidden icons. A small arrow displays the hidden icons. If you hover over the icons, there should be a tooltip if its not clear which one is the ASIO4ALL icon.  Once you open the control panel, there is a wrench in the lower right corner that toggles between basic and advanced mode.  In advanced mode you can  turn different ins and outs on and off (Device List on the left side).  

Edited by User 905133

ASIO only allows one audio device at a time.  That's why you should be able to use WASAPI, WDM or ASIO4all which is really not true asio.   

So in your case the keyboard is your audio interface and if it has ASIO drivers you might be best off to use it that way. You'll just need to monitor your output audio using the keyboards output of headphone jack. 

If all you want to use the keyboard for is a controller then you'll set that up under midi devices. 

I’ve tried WASAPI, and it only offers the same result as the other device settings, in and out are only to to the same setting.

That said, ASIO s the only setting that works so I can play and hear the audio. My keyboard works, regardless of not having the right settings, weird.

So far, CW offers many things that Mixcraft does not, but Mixcraft is more intuitive. Like midi mapping. In Mixcraft there’s a button on the main GUI, and it’s so simply to map to a keyboard.

I am getting a Roland A300 Pro this week, and it looks like that will automatically midi map with CW with just the push of one button. I hope that’s true. One of the reasons I’m trying CW is because I’m after smooth automation for volume and other parameters. I write classical music. I can’t get this in Mixcraft no matter what controller I use.

Thanks for all the help.

Cheers,

rob