Ilya Efimov Christmas Sale

Amicus717

Thank Amicus.

I bought their Nylon strum after auditioning quite a few as it seems to be the most flexible I found for that kind of work. I looked at OTS Modern Nylon, Indiginus Renaxxance, Amplesound AGL (good but nearly 3 times the price). I have quite a few realistic sounding Nylon Guitar libraries and it was mainly the IE strum engine that appealed in this case.

I really like UJAM VG Silk but it doesn't work properly in CbB/Sonar. It either crackles when loaded as a normal VSTi or works for a while and then stops outputting audio when loaded via Jbridge (a workaround which somebody else pointed out). I had started recording VG-Silk parts in Studio One (where it works fine) and then exporting to audio for import into CbB but TBH it's a bit of a nuisance!

Edited by ZincT

On 12/29/2018 at 12:51 PM, ZincT said:

I really like UJAM VG Silk but it doesn't work properly in CbB/Sonar. It either crackles when loaded as a normal VSTi or works for a while and then stops outputting audio when loaded via Jbridge (a workaround which somebody else pointed out). I had started recording VG-Silk parts in Studio One (where it works fine) and then exporting to audio for import into CbB but TBH it's a bit of a nuisance!

I don't have that problem at all in Platinum (last version) - it works just fine,  so might be something to do with your set up.

• Thanks 1

Does anyone know how much room is required to install the total guitar bundle? (or roughly what each guitar takes up)

They do sound nice, but there seems to very little info on his website, which is a concern to me as is the lack of any kind of demo.

paulo, the disk size is shown in features against each individual library.

I quickly totted them up for you as 27Gb in total for the bundle...

Normal & Strum
Nylon Gtr 3Gb & 2Gb
Acoust Gtr 3Gb & 2Gb
LP 5Gb & 4Gb
TC 4Gb & 4Gb

Total = 27 Gb

Think I need a quick tutorial on this new forum as I hit quote on your post but your post didn't get quoted in mine!?!

How does that work?

Edited by ZincT

On 12/29/2018 at 12:51 PM, ZincT said:

I'm the one who suggested using JBridge. 

I normally have my ASIO buffer set to 64, but with VG I have to set it to at least 512 without JBridge. Using JBridge, I can happily run it at 64.

I'm running more or less the same config as you (same CPU/RAM), so the main difference would seem to be your audio device (I mainly use the VG stuff with a Scarlett 6i6).

You could try increasing your ASIO buffer, but to be honest I'd just freeze the track as soon as possible (this is what I do). It's not ideal, but it'll save you swapping between SO and CbB.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, ZincT said:

paulo, the disk size is shown in features against each individual library.

I quickly totted them up for you as 27Gb in total for the bundle...

Normal & Strum
Nylon Gtr 3Gb & 2Gb
Acoust Gtr 3Gb & 2Gb
LP 5Gb & 4Gb
TC 4Gb & 4Gb

Total = 27 Gb

Think I need a quick tutorial on this new forum as I hit quote on your post but your post didn't get quoted in mine!?!

How does that work?

Thanks. I was looking at the bundled products and that info doesn't appear there.

I just click on the orange "quote" and it seems to work.

12 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

I'm the one who suggested using JBridge. 

I normally have my ASIO buffer set to 64, but with VG I have to set it to at least 512 without JBridge. Using JBridge, I can happily run it at 64.

I'm running more or less the same config as you (same CPU/RAM), so the main difference would seem to be your audio device (I mainly use the VG stuff with a Scarlett 6i6).

You could try increasing your ASIO buffer, but to be honest I'd just freeze the track as soon as possible (this is what I do). It's not ideal, but it'll save you swapping between SO and CbB.

Thanks Mark (I have worked out the quote thing now :)

I have my buffer set to 256 samples which seems to work well for everything apart from VG-Silk and VG-Sparkle.

I'm sure I tried freezing the track when loaded normally and it still played back with crackles. I will try freezing with the Jbridge method and see if that works.

When it stops outputting audio using the Jbridge method I then have to close the project and re-open to get it working again (I don't have to close CbB fortunately) .

I need to do some more experimenting.

Edited by ZincT

4 minutes ago, paulo said:

Thanks. I was looking at the bundled products and that info doesn't appear there.

I just click on the orange "quote" and it seems to work.

Yes agreed it wouldn't take much for IE to add a total size for the bundles.

With the Forum quotes I was getting an extra multi-quote popup which I didn't understand the mechanism for but I now realise how it works.

Now it seems to quote straight away without any popup so it must be a "first use" thing.

Thanks