Articulation map makes CW crash

Herve Maratrey

Hi everyone,

When I try to use articulation map (with the very last version of CW), a pop up window appears and CW must close (fatal error).

new empty project, what ever the synth that I use : piano roll/view/show articulation pane => fatal error.

I re-installed several times.

I join the dump file.

Thanks for your help.

HerveUntitled_11212020_220627.dmp

Hi @Herve Maratrey,
Thanks for the report.
The crash dump suggests there might be an issue with DirectX on your PC.
Firstly, I would make sure that your graphics driver is up to date.
If that doesn't fix the problem, you could try running dxdiag, which is the 'DirectX Diagnostic Tool' that comes with Windows 10. It might highlight any DirectX problems and help you to resolve them.
Failing that, dxdiag has a 'Save All Information...' button at the bottom that will save a file containing information about your DirectX installation. If you send that file to us, it might give us some clues (check it first, to make sure you're OK with us seeing the information it contains).
Please let us know how you get on.
Thanks again,
Ben

Hi Ben,

thank you very much for your answer. Here below answers to your questions:

1) graphics drivers (Intel HD 3000; Nvidia GT 540M) as far as I can check: up to date

2) dxdiag: it seems OK. file attached

3) Arranger track show/hide = crash. file dmp attached.

4) windows 10 home edition (up to date): French ; Cakewalk by Bandlab (up to date): set in English

Hope it will help.

Regards.

Herve

DxDiag.txt Untitled_11232020_212658.dmp

@Herve Maratrey it seems like you are running a really old laptop with a very old BIOS from 2011. It is very underpowered by todays standards and only has 4GB of RAM. At least for the graphics and memory - the CPU is a quad core which should be fine. What is the PC model?

BIOS: BIOS Date: 08/10/11 12:28:49 Ver: 04.06.03 (type: BIOS)
                Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.2GHz
                   Memory: 4096MB RAM
      Available OS Memory: 4002MB RAM
                Page File: 4818MB used, 3534MB available
              Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
          DirectX Version: DirectX 12

There are no obvious errors in the log but my guess is our code is incompatible with this version in some way. 

User DPI Setting: 120 DPI (125 percent)
       System DPI Setting: 120 DPI (125 percent)

Can you temporarily change your DPI scaling in windows back to 100% and retry to rule out a scaling problem?