Native Komplete - Cakewalk - Sounds-on-line-EastWestt

guido.smoorenburg

You can.

Recording MIDI conventionally on the MIDI track created when you insert Komplete Kontrol is something I do all the time with my S61 keyboard and it works like any other VSTi.

So I assume you mean recording MIDI from the Komplete Kontrol arpeggiator / chord functions etc.

Its not a function I use often but I just tried it. When you insert Komplete Kontrol make sure you have MIDI out enabled. Create another MIDI track and for its input select Komplete Kontrol1 (not Komplete Control -1) All the MIDI from the arpeggiator, scale and chord function will be routed here and can be recorded and routed where ever you want.

I think the extra track is always going to be necessary as you don't want the noted created by the arpeggiator being fed back into the arpeggiator and creating even more notes. If you want to use the same instrument you could turn off the arpeggiator and route the new tracks MIDI to Komplete Kontrol.

It could be a little bit less clunky and any improvement would be welcome. I will have to check and see how Studio One implements this.

Edited by Vernon Barnes