Colin Nicholls

AUX (patch point) tracks for MIDI

I would love to send a MIDI track to multiple instruments (VST or external). I know you can duplicate a track easily enough but then you have an editing problem keeping them synchronized.

I suspect this requires the concept of "patch points" or AUX tracks for MIDI - you'd create a new patch destination for your MIDI track, then select it as an input for two or more MIDI or Instrument tracks.

I guess you'd need to prevent a MIDI track from both sending and receiving from the same PatchPoint/AUX track.

• Like 2

While waiting for the MIDI equivalent of audio patch points, there are a couple of ways to drive multiple MIDI tracks with the same MIDI data

1) Duplicating tracks. To automatically keep multiple copies of the same clip in sync make sure to link clips when duplicating tracks. When linked, changes made to one clip propagates to the others. The link option is in the duplicate track settings dialog. When working with clips instead of tracks Paste Special has an option to link clips.

2) Virtual MIDI Cable - both LoopBe1 and LoopMIDI are free. They may be used to send a MIDI track to multiple MIDI tracks. LoopBe1 provides a single virtual cable. LoopMIDI can provide multiple virtual cables. The manufacturer of LoopBe1 has a paid solution for multiple cables.

• Thanks 1

A simple way to route a MIDI track to multiple synths would be the best way.

I would love native Cakewalk midi sends.

I use Cakewalk for composition and while playing keyboard, I love layering the sound. Midi sends is necessary for that to work.

• Like 1