TH3/TH-U doesn't respond to MIDI

Ryan Hyde

Hi folks!

I'm having a problem. When I attempt to train TH3 (or TH-U, which I'm demoing to see if this problem was just a TH3 issue) to respond to MIDI buttons, all I get is an error message:

"No MIDI messages have been received during learn. Check your hardware and software configuration and retry"

The MIDI device in question is a nektar IMPACT LX61+. It works fine as a keyboard with various VSTs, and I can use the touchpads on it to control drums just fine with other VSTs. In fact, in the standalone version of TH-U, I can set it as my midi device with no problem and control foot switches with it. It's just inside of Cakewalk that I experience this problem.

In the standalone version, there's an 'audio settings' area where I can tell it to notice my MIDI controller, but this is missing from the VST3 plugin version. 

Has anyone had any success getting TH3 Cakewalk Edition to work with a midi controller at all? Is there something obvious I'm missing? I am relatively new to this stuff, so any insight at all is greatly appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...