Hello everyone!!! (and update request)

Ash

Hello everyone, hope you are all well and enjoying Cakewalk by Bandlab.

I'm a long time listener, first time caller!!

I've often frequented the Cakewalk forums right back from the original so I'm no newbe to how it flows here!

Like many of us, I started using Cakewalk back in the days of Sonar. I started with 8.5 and purchased every iteration up until Bandlab took over.

I think that Bandlab are doing a fantastic job and that Cakewalk has never been better than it is now. 

I hope that its development remains strong and fruitful and I send my best regards to all at Bandlab and to everyone that uses this great DAW.

I would like to suggest a straight forward update request regarding the browser on Cakewalk.

I find that when browsing through a samples folder for instance using the browser, it is all too easy to accidentally double click a file which then highlights the file in blue and brings up the cusor to rename the file. It is also very easy to then have the name of the file disappear completely when clicking away auditioning samples.

I see that right clicking on a file does give 'Rename' as an option, so I don't really see that the double click action needs to be implemented?

Not sure if others have found this an issue? or if I'm missing a major reason that this behaviour needs to be in place?

I understand that this 'problem' is totally avoidable by single clicking only on files, but for me my click finger 'muscle memory' often goofs it up for me!

Well, that's my first post everyone, hello again!!

Keep up the great work Bandlab, you are doing a FANTASTIC job!!!

Ash.

53 minutes ago, JoeGBradford said:

Hi Ash and welcome to the forum!

Can I suggest you make your request at the sub forum in this  link as that is where the requests for new features are posted so they don't get lost in the plethora of posts here  https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/forum/8-feedback-loop/

Cheers!

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the heads up, will do!!

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

Why am I sure that if we disable that behavior some will yell that they relied on it :)
BTW its not double clicking that does that. Double click inserts the audio into the current track.

What you are seeing is clicking twice on the same file after a short delay. That triggers the rename behavior like it does in Windows explorer itself. Its totally normal Windows behavior in a file browser that we are inheriting because that is a browser control.

I definitely can agree it's regular Windows behaviour, but it still seems really touchy in this context for some reason (not saying this is any different to how Windows does it in any way, but how I tend to click on things in the browser "feels" different, for want of a better explanation).

If there was some way to lock the filenames globally, that would be fantastic and save me a lot of _.wav files. :)