Cakewalk hanging at the splash screen

Graeme S Brown

Hi,  I am attempting to get a new computer configured and operating with Cakewalk.  It is hanging on the splash screen whether or not I run as Administrator.

So far I have performed a clean un-install and reinstall with the suggested registry deletions, I have done all of the following from the troubleshooting page:

• "Cakewalk hanging at the splash screen
  • This can be caused by the program trying to connect to a bad driver. Additionally, if the program didn’t let go of the driver when closing, or if the driver is in use by another program, a hang at the splash screen may exist. 
  • Quick test: If you’re using an audio interface, disconnect it while the splash screen is hanging. This should push the program to finish opening!
  • Solution: Ensure your program is up to date, then install the latest available drivers from the manufacturer. If you’re not using an audio interface, you may want to try:
  • Re-personalize user settings. Hold Shift + Control while opening Cakewalk by BandLab (or SONAR). You will see a dialog pop up, about personalizing your user settings. Click OK.
  • Rename Aud.ini file. Similar to re-personalizing the settings as seen above, this method will force a new file to be written. Open the Run prompt (press Windows key + R), then enter %appdata%\Cakewalk\Cakewalk Core (for Cakewalk by BandLab) then locate the file named AUD. I rename by adding a date for reference, so in this case I would rename to AUD0208. Next time Cakewalk is launched, a new AUD file is created, and you now have your older file in tact as a backup.
  • Note: If you see Cakewalk in the task manager after closing the program, it’s likely due to the driver not fully"

There is no instance running in Task Manager.  The software has not yet ran so no interface or drivers have been selected yet.  I have attempted to temporarily disable the protection software.  The attached screen shot is as far as it goes...  Nothing has made any difference yet.  Any other ideas?!?

Thanks!!

Untitled.jpg

well, here's the update... After 3 days of this issue, it has miraculously decided to fix itself.  I don't know if it just needed a few more reboots but I have now opened and closed several times just like it is supposed to.   It found my Focusrite PCIe card on the first try.

Thanks everybody!!

Edited by Graeme S Brown