Scaler 2 sale

TheSteven

https://www.pluginboutique.com/meta_product/3-Studio-Tools/93-Music-Theory-Tools/6414-Plugin-Boutique-Scaler-2?utm_campaign=196532_(L) PB-Email-Friday-Newsletter-20-11-2020&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Newsletter&dm_i=6D39,47N8,ZZZ9Y,HILM,1

Prices start at $19  sale ends on December 6th

Empower the Composer Within

Scaler is an inspirational and powerful music theory workstation that gives you access to a world of new ideas, expressions and melodies. With powerful detection of MIDI and audio, Scaler can determine what key and scale you’re in and suggest chords that match your music. The plugin helps you discover the perfect melody with performance expressions, and can even suggest ways to change from one key to another.

Scaler makes finding chords and progressions intuitive and fun! It’s a comprehensive but easy to use toolbox that will help anyone make better music.

Benefits

• Discover your music’s key and explore alternative scales and chord sets
  • Choose from hundreds of keys, quickly build progressions in the sequencer
  • Over 200 artist chord sets from the likes of Carl Cox, MJ Cole, The Temper Trap, Mitekiss, CeCe Rogers and Mike Huckaby
  • Over 200 genre and mood-based chord sets such as Chill, Drum & Bass, Jazz, Cinematic, EDM, Progressive…
  • Browse chord variations to get suspended chords, extended chords, dominant sevenths and jazz chords
  • Use the arpeggio or strum features to perform in real-time and synced to your DAW
  • Discover chord substitutions that lend variety to your progressions
  • Experiment with different chord voicings to spread notes across the keyboard
  • Export MIDI to your DAW simply by dragging and dropping
  • Assign any VST / AU instrument to Scaler to control your favourite synths
  • Play and record one-finger chords and melodies using Scaler’s Bind MIDI function

New for Version 2

• Redesigned from the ground up with over 200 new chord sets, hundreds of new scales, and 30 new instruments
  • Play melodic expressions with over 200 phrases, performances and rhythms by professional musicians
  • Establish your scale with audio detection as well as MIDI detection
  • Keys Lock helps you create emotive melodies by locking keys to your chords
  • MIDI Capture lets you perform inside scaler and then export the results as MIDI
  • Modulation suggestions give you new ways to reach musical destinations
  • Get more natural-sounding melodies and expressions with the humanise function
  • Edit Mode for adjusting length, inversion, octave and more per chord in a pattern
  • Pad View helps you to arrange multiple patterns and key switch between them
  • Audition new progressions in context with DAW Sync playback 
  • Voice Grouping can keep your chords within a certain range for voice leading
  • Chord editing and moving tools include lasso, drag n drop, replace and insert vsaa

Various bundles & prices at PluginBoutique

image.thumb.png.440af30812420a4a2513eee517461ace.png

Edited by TheSteven

41 minutes ago, paulo said:

I was hoping for a better BF deal than 16% off TBH, but on the plus side it makes some of the NI offers more appealing.

Perspective here $49 for a new customer is just about as cheap as it is ever been for Scaler 2.  Even those of us that got it with the BF/Holiday sale last year then had to pay an upgrade price when v2 came out.  Even with the generous loyalty discount the all in price was within a $ or so of this price.  Don't remember the conversation rate at the time, but it was basically $29 + 20 give or take on the exchange rate.

Doesn't seem like much of a "percent off" but the software already has a very reasonable everyday price for what it offers.

Have you not given it a Demo?   

Edited by Brian Walton

3 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

the all in price was within a few $ of this BF price.

Which makes it not much of a  " BF SALE", no?

4 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

Have you not given it a Demo?   

No, because it seemed to be very broken at release and having waited sooooooooo looooonnnnnngg for the eventual release I figured that I might as well wait for the inevitable sale in a few months time. No biggie, there's always plenty of other stuff to buy, right...?

2 minutes ago, paulo said:

Which makes it not much of a  " BF SALE", no?

No, because it seemed to be very broken at release and having waited sooooooooo looooonnnnnngg for the eventual release I figured that I might as well wait for the inevitable sale in a few months time. No biggie, there's always plenty of other stuff to buy, right...?

The price is literally the best it has ever been...including last years sale in order to actually get v2, so yes, I'd consider it a BF sale.  If the price is the lowest it has ever been, the expectation even on BF isn't necessarily lower than "last BF."  The only way to get this price previously was pre-order pricing where you both had to wait and were not quite sure if the product would be stable.  Or to buy v1 during the holidays last year and then wait MANY months to then buy Scaler 2 upgrade during a small window, and with the software showing some pretty decent sized bugs in Cakewalk at the time.  Therefore this deal is looking pretty good for any new comer in my mind.

Depends on your needs as the value it provides you.  In my workflow, "the other stuff to buy" either collects dust or I have a viable replacement for it.  Nothign in my workflow replaces Scaler 2 adequality.   But it also isn't software everyone will fall in love with.  I'm a musician/guitar player.  I never formally learned music on a keyboard and this software help with Chords and ideas that go beyond what is reasonable on a fretboard.  It helped renew my interest in recording my own tracks as I took a multi-year break from playing instruments.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

isnt that upgrade price the regular upgrade price? i keep thinking i have seen $49 for new Scalaer 2 and $19 for upgrade from Scalar 1 to 2 in the past?

They launched the upgrade price at $19 for a limited time, then it went up to $29...not sure how long it was at that price, but it is currently at the $19 price.  

And the $49 new Scaler 2 price was only right around the time of launch, pre-order time I believe.   

Edited by Brian Walton

16 minutes ago, Anxiousmofo said:

That's a pretty wack sale, on the grand scale of things.  ;)

If WAVES made it, the regular price would be $399.

Honestly if just about anyone else released it the normal price would be $99+.  Look at the competition, Captain Chords...you have to be connected to the internet for the thing to even work.

You never see Valhalla run a "sale" it is because they established a very fair market price, not any different here other than the fact they are throwing everyone that refuses to pay "retail" a bone, giving them a chance to buy it on sale.

Edited by Brian Walton
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

this whole wacko business practice that these companies operate in is a joke. imagine if potato chips were $20 but 90% off on sale all the time.

Yeah, it basically amounts to all these businesses treating their potential customers as fools, which is never a good look IMO. 

TBH I never really pay any attention to the before price of anything at all, I just  decide if the price now is "worth it" to me and then act accordingly.

Edited by paulo

3 minutes ago, paulo said:

Yeah, it basically amounts to all these businesses treating their potential customers as fools, which is never a good look IMO. 

TBH I never really pay any attention to the before price of anything at all, I just  decide if the price now is "worth it" to me and then act accordingly.

i think the strategy is more directed at new people entering into the mix (no pun intended).

1 minute ago, telecode 101 said:

i think the strategy is more directed at new people entering into the mix (no pun intended).

Probably, but it doesn't take long to figure it out. It happens everywhere. Two days ago I saw some shoes in a "BF 20% off sale" that even after discount were more expensive than they were before the "sale" started.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, paulo said:

Like I said, it depends on the value of this product to you 

I think $30 is too expensive for just about every WAVES plug-in (Omni Channel is an exception).

But gladly paid $50 for Scaler 2.  For me, it creates way more value to the music creation process than any of the 20 something WAVES plugins I have that are easily replaceable with something else.  

To you, it might be worthless for the way you create.  

Trying the demo for the first time and it still seems to be pretty buggy. Close UI and re-open and it's blank - have to close project and re-open to make it show again and two no dialogue CW crashes so far. On the plus side, if they ever finish it, it might be quite good.