How can i reuse a recorded click track?

tdehan

Hopefully this is not to stupid of a question.

I setup a click track at 88 BPM for a tune I was working on and configured Bandlab to record the click track for 175 measures.  I saved the click track as a wave file thinking / hoping I can reuse it in other tunes I am working on without having to completely setup it all up from scratch again and change the tempo after it is loaded.

when I start a new project and load the click track wave file it loads in at 120 BPM however it still plays at 88 BPM which surprised me as I was expecting it to play at 120 BPM.  

Is it not possible to create and record a click track that I can reuse and change the tempo as needed?

Open a project at the tempo of the clip. Copy 1 to 4 bars to another track. In the short clip apply groove clip looping. You should be able to save the clip as a groove clip. When you bring that in it should follow the tempo of the project. You can pull/expand the groove clip for the length of the song.

I you doing this because you don't like the sound of the metronome you can simply save one click of your favourite sound and then trigger that with midi in any VST drummer that supports using your own samples, Like Session drummer or the free version of Steven Slate SSD5. 2020-11-20.png.cf441ede7aceb2032fbee1cc5e04728c.png

If you song was played to the midi clock then his DAW will have it's own metronome that will follow the tempo you set in Cakewalk. 

Tell you friend what tempo you used. 

If they are also using Cakewalk then just send the CWP file to them in a folder with the Audio folder in it.