Request: Stop button while the song is paused

Ugo Fantozzi

Hello. I would like to request an enhancement to the STOP button behaviour in the transport.

This is the current behaviour:

- Turn on  "On Stop, Rewind to Now Marker" in options

- Put the "Now" point anywhere in the song

- Press Start: the song starts to play, the vertical line moves on with the song while the Now point stays in the same place

- If you press Stop while playing: the song would stop playing and the line would rewind to Now marker

- If you press Play while playing: the song would pause and the line would stay in the paused moment

- Now, in this case (paused song) the Stop button is greyed-out and there is no way to rewind to the Now marker. You first have to press Play and after that you can press Stop to rewind.

My suggestion:

While the song is paused, the Stop button  would NOT be greyed-out. If you would press it once it would rewind to Now marker, if you press it the second time it would rewind to the very beginning of the song.

This is how the transport works in Studio One and I think is much more intuitive.

• Like 1

Hey Ugo.

Shortcut keys I use daily:

Rewind to landmarks = W

Toggle ‘on stop, rewind to now marker’ on/off = CTRL+W

Stop with now marker = CTRL+SPACEBAR

Audition selection = SHIFT+SPACEBAR

Go to start = CTRL+HOME

Go to end = CTRL+END

Jump to next marker = CTRL+SHIFT+PAGE DOWN

Jump to previous marker = CTRL+SHIFT+PAGE UP

Go to selection start (from time) SHIFT+G

You also have the option to bind your own Shortcut keys in preferences be hitting "P"

1444836432_Screenshot(20201121-025617)(2).thumb.jpg.657adc1bfb93e1699865858a9026c283.jpg