Resquest: Remember the size of MIXER window

ghanedan

And I tried to save a template with console docked but maximized to full screen (shift+D) and then just hidden (D again) so when I open or create new project then I can only click D once and have the console docked but full screen with a single click, but it didn't work. Tried even with screensets but no joy either unless I'm doing something wrong. Didn't filddle with workspaces, I'd prefer to have them set to 'none'.

Edited by chris.r

3 hours ago, Will_Kaydo said:

Shortcut "D" to show or hide the console and "Shift+D" to resize it is the best.

Yes but I have requested to keep the size of the mixer window when undocked not docked. 

Also things like piano roll don't remember the D docking state, but work per clip.

5 minutes ago, Y.G. Hanedan said:

Yes but I have requested to keep the size of the mixer window when undocked not docked. 

Also things like piano roll don't remember the D docking state, but work per clip.

Do you mean when you close it and open again and not minimized? 

I've come to the conclusion a couple years ago, that it's probably linked to the multidock - that includes all floating windows. 

It's like the multidock grabs the console window when you're too close to a certain hight in it's matrix. I permanently use floating windows for my Browser an  Inspector. This is since the LE version came out of X1.

3 minutes ago, Will_Kaydo said:

Do you mean when you close it and open again and not minimized? 

I'll give an example;

- View --> Console View

- Undock the mixer window and make it float by grabbing the console tab.

- Maximize it.

- Close it.

- Open it again by View --> Console View.

- You will see that the last maximized state is not kept. It is again minimized back.

Kind Regards,

18 minutes ago, Y.G. Hanedan said:

I'll give an example;

- View --> Console View

- Maximize it.

- Close it.

- You will see that the last maximized state is not kept. It is again minimized back.

Kind Regards,

Yeah. Like I said. 

56 minutes ago, Y.G. Hanedan said:

I'll give an example;

- View --> Console View

- Maximize it.

- Close it.

Kind Regards,

Don't close it

Minimise it using " D " shortcut key...then when you press D again to maximise it will be the same as before

image.thumb.png.5bc21ca1c0132b0819d9f1299f4cfc9e.png

• Great Idea 1

46 minutes ago, Mark Morgon-Shaw said:

Don't close it

I am aware that there are several workarounds for it, but generally speaking both mixer and piano roll windows should keep their sizes on close/open.

This is just a feedback to the developers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Y.G. Hanedan said:

I am aware that there are several workarounds for it, but generally speaking both mixer and piano roll windows should keep their sizes on close/open.

This is just a feedback to the developers.

More likely a Windows issue than a CBB one

https://lifehacker.com/resize-your-windows-apps-to-any-dimensions-you-want-wit-1828124695

Edited by Mark Morgon-Shaw

10 hours ago, Mark Morgon-Shaw said:

More likely a Windows issue than a CBB one

I've been using Sonar since it was named Cakewalk Pro Audio 8, I remember this concept of windows resize problems emerged with the Sonar XN versions when the docking concept was introduced. So mostly sure that it ain't a windows issue. ( also a computer science engineer myself )

1 hour ago, ghanedan said:

I've been using Sonar since it was named Cakewalk Pro Audio 8, I remember this concept of windows resize problems emerged with the Sonar XN versions when the docking concept was introduced. So mostly sure that it ain't a windows issue. ( also a computer science engineer myself )

Maybe @msmcleod can clear it up

I think it's both.

Windows being the platform to give cakewalk the ability to perform these tasks - and Cakewalks coding to guide and demand them to their own space and place. 

With that being said: I do agree that it needs an update - here's that huge BUT though! This means a totally new redesigning of the entire "virtual matrix."

Cakewalk has this "GRABBER" (if i may) linked to the Multidock - much like the one in windows when dragging the window Up to maximize it, and Down to minimize it again. 

In Cakewalk, this for some reason is "visible" and In front of every window (as shown in picture 1 below) which has to do with their "one windows workspace" thing introduced in X1.

I could be wrong!

788957137_BlueGrabber_Moment.thumb.jpg.d30b0edd9070ad3e78a1f35f93d8fd92.jpg

The Inspector View, Browser, Piano Roll, Console view, Matrix View, Tempo View, Loop Construction, Staff View (Just to name a few") all have that "Blue Ribbon" and all are linked to the "MultiDock." That's why you have the option to dock it either "on top or bottom."

Imagine the coding that needs to take place for each of these windows to have their own individual "space" - that's a whole new DAW 

Again - I could be wrong!

Edited by Will_Kaydo

56 minutes ago, chris.r said:

it's just saving the status of the appearance of window, miximized or not maximized, docked or undocked, etc.

Quite right. And if the selected framework won't allow this, it should be changed, whatever the cost, if the software will have a future. This is the most important drawback of Sonar.

If not, bandlab must inform us to limit our expectations for GUI develeopment, so that we don't invest our projects in a dead platform.

BTW One can also read SoundOnSound review on Cakewlak by Bandlab, where the reviewer criticizes this behaviour, first and foremost.

https://www.soundonsound.com/techniques/cakewalk-bandlab