Melodyne Black Friday Sale

cclarry

31 minutes ago, RSMcGuitar said:

I kinda feel guilty now 😔

No way...everyone reading this thread had the same opportunity!
The adage "you snooze, you lose" definitely comes into play here!

Don't feel guilty...be happy you got it at that price!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, PAL Music said:

Hey, does anyone know what the difference is at everyPlugin for the upgrade to assistant?  One is Upgrade from Melodyne essential (all versions) is $70.30 and another is Update from Melodyne assistant (earlyer versions) is $43.40.

the $70.30 is from Version 4 or 5 Essential to Version 5 Assistant.
The $43.30 is from Version 4 Essential to Version 5 Essential...

• Thanks 1

I have V4 studio and went to check Celemony's site yesterday in case they had caved in and offered a cheaper upgrade to V5 studio. No Joy, but I checked my account and found I had a V4 essential licence as well which was upgraded to V5 for free. If I had known I would have jumped on the JRR deal. At least now I can play with V5 essential but will probably switch back to V4 studio and wait for a deal.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hatstand said:

I have V4 studio and went to check Celemony's site yesterday in case they had caved in and offered a cheaper upgrade to V5 studio. No Joy, but I checked my account and found I had a V4 essential licence as well which was upgraded to V5 for free. If I had known I would have jumped on the JRR deal. At least now I can play with V5 essential but will probably switch back to V4 studio and wait for a deal.

Keep in mind you can only have one installation of ANY version of Melodyne at a time on a machine. It has something to do with how they code their plugins. So if you activate Essential 5, you won’t see Studio 4 remaining on the machine. Very annoying.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, LAGinz said:

Keep in mind you can only have one installation of ANY version of Melodyne at a time on a machine. It has something to do with how they code their plugins. So if you activate Essential 5, you won’t see Studio 4 remaining on the machine. Very annoying.

If you try to reinstall v4 you wont be able to reactivate it without support.  You will only be able to use the player.  When you click to activate v4 it will not direct you to the authorization but to a buy license page.  (this is with the latest installer)  

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

42 minutes ago, LAGinz said:

Sure is annoying. I’m really, ahem, “rather cross” with the way Studio customers have been treated by Celemony. However, I am NOT going to upgrade until they bring the price down, I can live without it! 

• Like 1