Kuassa Black Friday Sale

cclarry

After playing around with AmpOne again, I am finding I liking it. Will pick up the Vermillion and give that a try.

Anyone love Chorus? They have an excellent Chorus Pedal for $9 right now. Four simple controls. Rate, Depth, Mix & Level. The Mix & Level controls really let you dial in exactly what you're looking for. It also had the highest Rate control that I have seen. It goes to 20hz!! I thought after 7hz it was unusable. However, at that setting I started coming up with a little riff. And the more I played it, the more I thought I might turn this into a song!! So I was inspired. And after all, isn't that what it's all about?!~ :) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It's way cool AND sounds great!  Definitely check out A360 - it's FREE!  I demoed it during their sale this summer.  For the first time in like a year, I just sat and played and noodled around and loved it.   It is so simple and intuitive and easy to use - AND sounds good too!  I immediately bought Vermillion.   I've been waiting for BF to pick  up more of their stuff, namely the bundle below so I can use more effects in A360.

This is the deal I've been watching for! (I just found it because Lars just posted the Melodyne Assistant deal.  You rock Lars!) It's $10 cheaper than it was before.

https://blowout.jrrshop.com/kuassa-efektor-custom-bundle

The custom bundle is 5 Effektor Pedals that you choose. And each of those pedals becomes a "single" pedal in A360.  So @Grem's Chorus has 3 settings, Ensemble, Dimensional, and Tribunal which will each be an individual pedal in A360. I only mention this because it was a little confusing to me because I didn't know where the a360 pedals were coming from. Anyway, the Chorus would be 1 of 5 slots in the bundle.

Here's the Amplifikation 360 page if anyone wants to try it out:

https://www.kuassa.com/products/amplifikation-360/

• Like 1

I've spend some time with demoing several items and I think I will save my money this time.

I already have a Matchlock and Caliburn so I was particularly interested on effects (drives, modulation) and I was really looking forward to buy something interesting.
Unfortunately no one was better than free alternatives I already own  and I can't persuade myself that I need x-th variation of e.g.  overdrive ...

9 minutes ago, filo said:

Unfortunately no one was better than free alternatives I already own  and I can't persuade myself that I need x-th variation of e.g.  overdrive ...

I was planning to buy some of the Efektors. Could you please tell us which free effects you think are better?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Grem said:

After playing around with AmpOne again, I am finding I liking it. Will pick up the Vermillion and give that a try.

Anyone love Chorus? They have an excellent Chorus Pedal for $9 right now. Four simple controls. Rate, Depth, Mix & Level. The Mix & Level controls really let you dial in exactly what you're looking for. It also had the highest Rate control that I have seen. It goes to 20hz!! I thought after 7hz it was unusable. However, at that setting I started coming up with a little riff. And the more I played it, the more I thought I might turn this into a song!! So I was inspired. And after all, isn't that what it's all about?!~ :) 

They make it easy to play through the amp in stereo as well. If you haven't already, you can hit the stereo button on the amp and the chorus, that chorus gets as big as a house. Together with selecting and shifting the microphones and cabs independently for each speaker, amazing possibilities and simple to achieve through the simple GUI. I bought a lot of their guitar/guitar effects  stuff a while back and still have 2 free slots waiting for pedals they might make in the future.

I found the amps a little gritty and trebly to start with but they respond to the amp tone controls and equalization really well. They are good for finishing off midi written guitar running through an electric guitar sampler. I get confused now on which tracks I have S-Gear or Kuassa.

Edited by Tezza
  • Like 2

I went ahead and picked up Vermillion and the Reverb pedal (like I need another reverb!!). Pretty much like Mibby, I doodled around with it for hours. That and the Chorus and Reverb (Room setting is killer!) really are simple GUI. I think that's what held me in so long. It was just so easy to get a Bad Company sound, then a good clean sound to play Pink Houses and Turn the Page. I was even able to easily get sounds to some old songs I wrote! 

@mibby will give the a360 a try.

@Tezza I just was reading your post after I put up the guitar!! SO I will give the stereo a try. And your right about the cab sim. Really get a ton of sound from these amp sims. And such simple UI.

Amplitube has been my go to for clean sounds for a long long time. With the Kuassa stuff, that may be changing!

• Like 2

On 11/21/2020 at 9:29 AM, Pseudopop said:

I was planning to buy some of the Efektors. Could you please tell us which free effects you think are better?

I didn't say better but equal at least ;) I'm aware that it is very very subjective.

Here is my list of used free stuff (except amp sims) :

Booster/Overdrive/Distortion:  AXP (CharBooster), NickCrowLab (TubeDriver), Analog Obsession (OverDiver, JAMP, Gunner), Nembrini (NA 808), TSE (808), Mercuriall (TSC, GreedSmasher), Audiority (Dr.Drive), Ignite (TS-999)

Modulation: Mercuriall (ChorusWS1),  Nembrini (Analog rack chorus), TAL (Chorus LX), Oblivion SoundLab (OSL chorus),  Adam Szabo (Phazor), Acon (Multiply Chorus), Full Bucket (Full Bucket Phaser)

Reverb:  Acon (Verberate Basic), Michael Wills (DragonFly reverbs, early reflection), Linda Audio (IronVerb), Valhalla (Supermassive), Denis Tihanov (OrilRiver)

Delay (before I bought VDelay): Musical Entropy (Spaceship Delay), Sender Spike (EchoBox D7),  HY Plugins (HY-Delay4)

Edited by filo
add NickCrowLab
  • Thanks 3

I was fiddling with A360 when it came out. And I really like Vermillion. And Cerberus is a very decent bass amp sim. I might finally get them with this sale.

For guitarists, if it's decent, we're interested. And while these are cracking value for someone buying their first plugins, the rest of us would probably rarely choose Kuassa in a blind test over other options we already have. S-Gear, Neural, STL, Amplitube's Fender collections, not even to mention the FX (cough, Soundtoys) ... so do I need this? Of course I do, because I'm a hoarder. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

On 11/21/2020 at 7:34 PM, Grem said:

I went ahead and picked up Vermillion and the Reverb pedal (like I need another reverb!!). Pretty much like Mibby, I doodled around with it for hours. That and the Chorus and Reverb (Room setting is killer!) really are simple GUI. I think that's what held me in so long. It was just so easy to get a Bad Company sound, then a good clean sound to play Pink Houses and Turn the Page. I was even able to easily get sounds to some old songs I wrote! 

@mibby will give the a360 a try.

@Tezza I just was reading your post after I put up the guitar!! SO I will give the stereo a try. And your right about the cab sim. Really get a ton of sound from these amp sims. And such simple UI.

Amplitube has been my go to for clean sounds for a long long time. With the Kuassa stuff, that may be changing!

Don't forget to pick up their free offerings as well, like the equalizers. Their 7 band guitar EQ has a switch to change the frequencies from guitar to bass to "wide". I like to use the middle switch for bass when using it on my guitar, I've always preferred  those frequencies for tone control with guitar.

I like clean to crunch sounds, I don't really go for the heavy metal super smooth distortion. So my comments about Kuassa stuff relates to that. I don't know what they are like for heavier distorted sounds. Probably worth mentioning since I know from watching Youtube that it seems 99% of the sounds made by the players on there appear to be heavily distorted.

• Like 1