Focusrite Plugin Collective - D16 Devastator

cclarry

11 minutes ago, locrian said:

That's my sixth free D16 plugin.  I think it's time to buy something from them.

That's a good point! I now have Frontier (free), Drumazon (free yesterday from PB) and now Devastor 2 plus a 50% voucher.

Any recommendations?

Edited by ZincT

10 minutes ago, ZincT said:

That's a good point! I now have Frontier (free), Drumazon (free yesterday from PB) and now Devastor 2 plus a 50% voucher.

Any recommendations?

I'm not sure if you're asking me specifically, but of the ones I have (Devastor2, Drumazon, Fazortan, Frontier, Sigmund, Syntorus), Frontier is the one I use the most by far (on  my drum buss).

Occassionally I will use Fazortan and Syntorus when I want that analog vibe.  Both are good but neither are ever my first choice.  I don't recall ever using any of the others (beyond demoing them).

So, I guess I really can't make a recommendation.  And after writing this I now think it's unlikely that I'll actually buy anything from them in the near future.

I put D16 in the same group as Melda: I like the company and want to support them, but just don't find myself using their stuff enough to justify purchases.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, locrian said:

I'm not sure if you're asking me specifically, but of the ones I have (Devastor2, Drumazon, Fazortan, Frontier, Sigmund, Syntorus), Frontier is the one I use the most by far (on  my drum buss).

Occassionally I will use Fazortan and Syntorus when I want that analog vibe.  Both are good but neither are ever my first choice.  I don't recall ever using any of the others (beyond demoing them).

So, I guess I really can't make a recommendation.  And after writing this I now think it's unlikely that I'll actually buy anything from them in the near future.

I put D16 in the same group as Melda: I like the company and want to support them, but just don't find myself using their stuff enough to justify purchases.

Thanks for the information. I don't really need anything else from them either to be honest but I thought I remembered some folk here saying that one of the modulation plugins was good (Syntorus 2 maybe?) .

17 minutes ago, alex satt said:

I would definitely take Lush 101

I have eyed up Lush 101 so many times when it is on sale...one day maybe. I am just full to the brim with synths!

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, marled said:

First, I made the same mistake spelling the product name! But it is called Devastor 2 only! 😄

It's Larry's fault. The thread title took over my brain, LOL!

But bottom line, it's actually a very cool plug-in! I was asking myself do I really need another distortion effect? But what a surprise!

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, RSMcGuitar said:

Hmm.... isn't this a repeat? I already have it and I didn't buy it. 🤔

Not sure, but this is still the current deal from Plug-in Collective. Each deal runs for a couple of months, and has not been repeated this past year according to this page. Scroll down the page for a list of previous Jan-Nov 2020 deals.

https://focusrite.com/en/plugin-collective

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1