Line6 helix v3 update available

simon

4 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

Here's a direct link to the updates to Helix Native 3.0, note PC version is listed under the Mac version.
https://line6.com/software/index.html?name=Helix Native&os=All&submit_form=set

Haven't installed it yet, think I want to back up the previous factory settings first.

When you install it doesn't install the new presets (factory 1 and factory 2).  You have to do restore-type thing to get the new presets.  Something mentioned about it in the release note.

of course now I've said that i don't want to be responsible for you losing any presets so definitely back them up :)

20 hours ago, Mesh said:

Simon, did you get the Helix Native?

Hi Mesh - sorry thought I'd replied

yes picked it up a few months ago - during one of their sales.  I'm still using a very very old Pod as my guitar input so I feel some odd company loyalty

• Like 1

I still have my old Gear Box guitar input (in case I want use POD farm), but honestly haven't used POD farm in years. I'm still considering Helix Native, but their demo worked for awhile and then just crashed my system (apparently a known issue per support). Will keep an eye open for a deal as I do like the workflow/options with Helix.

6 minutes ago, Mesh said:

I still have my old Gear Box guitar input (in case I want use POD farm), but honestly haven't used POD farm in years. I'm still considering Helix Native, but their demo worked for awhile and then just crashed my system (apparently a known issue per support). Will keep an eye open for a deal as I do like the workflow/options with Helix.

Not had any issues here - fingers crossed.  It's my go-to amp sim.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, simon said:

Not had any issues here - fingers crossed.  It's my go-to amp sim.

Glad to hear no issues Simon. I was part of the Beta test team for Helix Native, I tested it to the n'th degree..LOL

Guys, make sure to check out the Tuner in Helix native it's great!

Edited by Mark Stow
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Mark Stow said:

Glad to hear no issues Simon. I was part of the Beta test team for Helix Native, I tested it to the n'th degree..LOL

Guys, make sure to check out the Tuner in Helix native it's great!

yes - I'm really pleased this has been added.  With a strobe option as well.  I've been using ircam labs The Snail as my 'strobe' tuner but it's not ideal.

Still prefer my ancient Peterson of course.  

Good work on the testing 👏 

.....one other thing....

Line6 

"Buy v1 of Helix - and here's a load more NEW amps and FX and 'celebrity' presets - and here's a totally new version .  Have all this for free"

IKM

"well it's complicated - we have several product lines, and we're not sure yet what product does what...but don't worry our MAX product has most of the stuff...for a bit...but not the new good stuff.   Maybe your old amps might work - or be updated.....nobody is really sure.......you're a longstanding customer ? who cares...either way it's gonna cost you big time ..... give us more $$$$$$$$$$"

(sorry for the rant!)

• Like 1