Babylonwaves Art Conductor - A huge collection of Cakewalk Articulation Maps

babylonwaves

hey guys,

I hope a commercial announcement is okay in this part of the forum. Art Conductor is a collection of articulation maps supporting more than 350 commercial sample libraries. The maps share a unified naming scheme for the articulations and utilise Cakewalk's group feature to a great extend. In other words, the collection is not just randomly imported Expression Maps, instead the content was build for Cakewalk. And, they're available as of today :)

Details can be found here: http://www.babylonwaves.com/cakewalk

Here's a video: 

Best, Marc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

Hi Marc!

In my Opinion it's a  very good idea to deliver content for Cakewalk in this layer.

Maybe you will complete this with project / track templates, groove quantize files, VST Setups etc.

When you're new to a DAW you often have to initially configure a lot by yourself.

Idea: What about a full package of Cakewalk contents?

BTW: Would there be a chance for a cloud based integrated configuration browser working like these great sound libraries?

Best regards to 51° 28' 54.64" N 7° 12' 58.451" E

Let me first say that it’s great to have such an extensive library of Cakewalk articulation maps available. That was quite an accomplishment to make the conversion in such a short time.

I must admit that I personally already have made Cakewalk articulation maps for almost all the libraries I own and normally use. Also, almost €70 for the whole shebang might be a bit too much for most amateurs like me. But if I may so suggest, why not consider creating smaller and cheaper sub-packages targeting a particular developer and/or library. Let’s say that I could get all Kontakt libraries for 8DIO for less than €10? Now that would definitely be an option.

On a side note: one thing that I wasn’t particularly keen on though was the global use of the articulation name Long for Sustain regardless the tag used in the library itself. And perhaps there are more such anomalies? A better approach I think would have been to use the actual articulation names used by each manufacturer.  However, I guess that could be quite easily changed by a global search and replace in a text editor if one would be so inclined.

• Like 2

Marc

I really appreciate the effort you've put into porting ArtCond over to Cakewalk.

I will purchase today.  I want to support developers who help us improve the Cakewalk experience.

I know that ArtCond  adds maps as new libraries are released.  How is access to the new material handled? 

Marc

I've seen your posts on vi-control re leveraging the consistent structure of ArtCond maps by then using dedicated controller buttons to speed selecting articulations.

Could you comment on that strategy?

My goal would be to use my external midi controller assignable buttons to select the most often used articulations.  Streamdeck also comes to mind.

Hey Steve,

I believe, that you've seen on Vi control was in reference to either our Expression Maps or Articulation Sets. Cakewalk Articulation Maps (which have a fairly confusing name frankensteined from the first two names ;) ) don't have key switches, unfortunately. So, in order to assign an articulation you need to do this by using the menu instead. Admittedly, that's what I'm personally mostly doing anyway.