Izotope Vinyl Update

cclarry

1 hour ago, Brian Walton said:

Indeed, finally!  Hopefully they changed the sound too.  They are light years beyond where the were when they launched it.

I find it sounds WAY better!

Edited by Luc
typo
  • Like 2

Thanks Larry!

EDIT2: As Larry pointed out you will get v1.8 via Product Portal.

To get v1.9 download/install manually from https://www.izotope.com/en/products/vinyl.html (thanks @Promidi).

Love the little easter egg/animation - click on 3 of the screws at each corner and the front panel will spin around revealing the authors and version number.
Clicking on the final screw will remove the panel completely :) 

1436127826_VinylEEgg.jpg.5676a8f71969035bc364b4eec9ced7df.jpg

EDIT3: Now I have installed v1.9 which is very nice and much improved but the old easter egg is not there 😭

Prize for the first person to find a new easter egg.

Edited by ZincT
  • Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

6 minutes ago, ZincT said:

Looks like v1.8 here - I uninstalled and re-installed to make sure.

For some reason , Izotope Product portal does not present a new version at this time.

The latest version is actually 1.9 and is now available as a VST3 as well as VST2

I simply downloaded it directly from Izotope (Much faster than Izotope Product portal anyway)

https://www.izotope.com/en/products/vinyl.html

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Promidi said:

For some reason , Izotope Product portal does not present a new version at this time.

The latest version is actually 1.9 and is now available as a VST3 as well as VST2

I simply downloaded it directly from Izotope (Much faster than Izotope Product portal anyway)

https://www.izotope.com/en/products/vinyl.html

That's weird thanks for pointing it out. I will add that to my post to avoid confusion. 

Also I meant to say that my Product Portal also updated itself when I checked for an update.

Product Portal is now on version 1.3.6b1 Win10|64.

9 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Obviously you guys didn't read MY post...
I stated that Product Portal was NOT seeing it
and that it was available at Izotope directly...

Doh  🤦🏻‍♂️! Apologies Larry - I always seem to rushing between multiple things at once e.g. updating iZotope and currently beta testing Unify so I got as far as "Get it at iZotope now..." and I was gone.

I have double corrected my post now 😵

Edited by ZincT
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Obviously you guys didn't read MY post...
I stated that Product Portal was NOT seeing it
and that it was available at Izotope directly...

"IPP" was a little obscure (to me anyway) - I did not even notice it.... 

• Like 1

Yes, this drives me crazy as I don't have internet at home except via phone which doesn't work well for downloads.

Twice now I've logged in from work and downloaded Portal directly from their site  expecting the latest version only to get home after work loading the new version and Portal  then tells me there's an update!!   Grrrr

Edited by Fwrend
  • Like 1