Neural DSP Black Friday

cclarry

Last year it was 50 % if i recall well if more than 5 plugins or some , it was quantity based hence the group by , 

now i think with their policy , patience is key , i didnt thought a new one wiould be at 50% aka cory wong , now it. Snotice and i will no more jump in first day releases ....

Larry : Nolly can be the only amp you ll need ... it misses fx like a.plitube ect ...but for regular tones compsed with overdrive , eq , delay and verbs needs ... bingo ... the 4 amps are exellent ...and do way more than their actuall role ( the lead one doing some superb cleans , the clean one doing some great crunch ect ...) 

i remeber being impressed by the caly for clean tones and crunch ....anybody ?

6 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

what kind of tones are you getting from it? is it mostly for heavy gain metal tones?

Yeah, I'm using Granophyre for heavy tones exclusively.

For clean/low gain tones Plini is my favourite of the Neurals (I've got Plini, Nolly, Abasi and now Granophyre; Plini is my favourite of the 3 Archetypes). Nolly has a fantastic medium gain Marshall type crunch. Abasi I use more for djenty stuff. But they're all fairly versatile.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zo said:

I've been trying out Cali. It's all relative but I don't think you'll miss the cleans in either Nolly or Cali if you have Plini. Between the first two, Nolly is definitely the more versatile (both in terms of amps and FX, although the overdrive pedal in Cali is really nice). Both have decent cleans, so those who are mainly interested in high-gain tones might be covered with a single Neural DSP purchase. I would have been very happy to use Nolly for everything, had I not demo-ed Plini. 

Again, very generous trial policy, and with the site-wide sale, it's easy to isolate exactly what you like/need. I might get Nolly if I figure out a way to feed myself the following few days 🤕 Can't fault them though; they're not cheap, but they're still awesome value.

Edited by fitzroy
  • Like 1

No Larry , no !! By the way happy with Semi Hollow Oncle L , thks fir your advise and the head up on kvr , i wish could have bougth an acoustic one also but he sold it already. ...

The victory craken in nolly is superb ... 

Toffo , for cleans i ve found the first amp in Abasi to rule by it natural and precie tone .... i sadly sold abasi recently because of the heavy tone , bass tunes it has that indon t really need and bugs thatbthey take ages to fix ...

i don t count how many times size don t get recalled by the way on all models ...

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, fitzroy said:

I've been trying out Cali. It's all relative but I don't think you'll miss the cleans in either Nolly or Cali if you have Plini. Between the first two, Nolly is definitely the more versatile (both in terms of amps and FX, although the overdrive pedal in Cali is really nice). Both have decent cleans, so those who are mainly interested in high-gain tones might be covered with a single Neural DSP purchase. I would have been very happy to use Nolly for everything, had I not demo-ed Plini. 

Again, very generous trial policy, and with the site-wide sale, it's easy to isolate exactly what you like/need. I might get Nolly if I figure out a way to feed myself the following few days 🤕 Can't fault them though; they're not cheap, but they're still awesome value.

Actually , been impressed by cleans in Cory wong and the ability to go heavy if needed with pedals ... 

yeah he cali i skipped it at that time , for the price neural dsp is right now , 4 or 3 amps , pedals and cabs , it s really on lair with cheap offers around , with a higher quality ...

stl tones is underated also .... the problem is that it s mainly engineers , so the tones aren t meant to be as natural neural dsp but usually seats easily  in the mixes ... between those 2 brands for fast gtr tones , and amplitube for getting mpre complex tones ...i think we re set ....

2 hours ago, Zo said:

I also liked it.  :)

Need to retest they all amps. I have discovered I have another chance for trial. They  automatically recovered themselves in iLok. Nice...

15 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Whew...saved....apparently I had demo'd Nolly sometime in the past, which I have no recollection
of, but it won't let me test again.  Saved from buying...for now...LOL

If you've only tested it once, they 'refreshed' your Ilok trial serial - just need to find it, get it to 'show', then activate it again. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1