plugin issue again HELPPP

john.mtchl

Question

I recently made a thread on this, reposting looking for more help. 

I recently downloaded 2020.11 update, and immediately started working on a new song with no issues whatsoever.

i saved that project. left home for a few hours, when i came back decided to work on an old project that needed to be mixed. but i couldn't open my plugins. tried making a new project and bringing the vocal files over, still wouldn't work. i then restarted my computer, and one by one went through my projects trying to use my plugins. some projects you open and a plugin is pulled up from last time, and i can use that, but if i close it, i cant reopen that plugin. not sure what exactly happened, but would really appreciate any help you can give, as im supposed to be finishing up my album right about now.    

14 answers to this question

22 minutes ago, john.mtchl said:

I recently made a thread on this, reposting looking for more help. 

I recently downloaded 2020.11 update, and immediately started working on a new song with no issues whatsoever.

i saved that project. left home for a few hours, when i came back decided to work on an old project that needed to be mixed. but i couldn't open my plugins. tried making a new project and bringing the vocal files over, still wouldn't work. i then restarted my computer, and one by one went through my projects trying to use my plugins. some projects you open and a plugin is pulled up from last time, and i can use that, but if i close it, i cant reopen that plugin. not sure what exactly happened, but would really appreciate any help you can give, as im supposed to be finishing up my album right about now.    

Have you tried to re-install the DAW? Something could have gone wrong there. 

On 11/22/2020 at 2:30 AM, Starship Krupa said:

Try forcing an explicit re-scan in Cakewalk Plug-In Manager.

Run it from the Utilities menu, then click on the Options button under VST Configuration. Make sure the folders are correct, then check Re-Scan existing plug-ins and Re-Scan failed plug-ins and click OK.

signed in, reinstalled, rescanned nothing is fixed, can i de-update? lol

On 11/22/2020 at 2:30 AM, Starship Krupa said:

Try forcing an explicit re-scan in Cakewalk Plug-In Manager.

Run it from the Utilities menu, then click on the Options button under VST Configuration. Make sure the folders are correct, then check Re-Scan existing plug-ins and Re-Scan failed plug-ins and click OK.

also when i load up cakewalk, it scans and picks up all 178 plugins, and i can see them and put them in  the fx rack, just cant open/use them 

31 minutes ago, john.mtchl said:

also when i load up cakewalk, it scans and picks up all 178 plugins, and i can see them and put them in  the fx rack, just cant open/use them 

FWIW: If you're not signed in after installation is done. No plugin will be assigned - it is literally the only thing I can think of that can cause that problem.  

Edited by Will_Kaydo

5 minutes ago, Will_Kaydo said:

Here's the deal:

Rollback to 2020.09 check how things work there - and do an update from within the DAW and refresh your Activation. 

Follow the link:

https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/topic/21451-202011-feature-overview-updated-23-nov-2020/

+im sorry im stupid , how would i rollback? and activation? whats that??

8 minutes ago, john.mtchl said:

+im sorry im stupid.

There's no such thing as that. 

Click on the link above. Choose the 2020.09 and download the file given there. 

Click here: 

And scroll down to the 2020.09 installer, download the file and install it. Look for the "Rollback Installer."

https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/topic/20825-closed-202010-early-access/

Edited by Will_Kaydo