Transport module not Working, not playing any of my song

William Kristen

Question

Hi, I have been using Cakewalk for Almost 4 months now, everything has been grate so far, until 2 days ago. I was looking to install more Drums Plugins so i watch a video on how to access "hidden plugins", end up enabling 3 more plugins, so i finish it up for the night,  yesterday morning I wanted to play some of my songs, nothing is working, my midi is not recognize, Also there is a message all the time I tried to work that says AUDIO ENGINE DROPOUT

3 answers to this question

9 hours ago, William Kristen said:

Hi, I have been using Cakewalk for Almost 4 months now, everything has been grate so far, until 2 days ago. I was looking to install more Drums Plugins so i watch a video on how to access "hidden plugins", end up enabling 3 more plugins, so i finish it up for the night,  yesterday morning I wanted to play some of my songs, nothing is working, my midi is not recognize, Also there is a message all the time I tried to work that says AUDIO ENGINE DROPOUT

Can you give us a bit more info about your set up?

Audio interface?  Driver mode? MIDI Controller, Windows version

What have you tried so far?

The drop out message

NewFeatures.53.1.png

has a code (16 in the image above) and a link to the help in the lower right. Click on the help and it opens this page

http://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=NewFeatures.53.html

listing the codes, cause and action to take.

In order to provide more assistance requires much more information about the hardware (PC specs and audio interface), OS, DAW version and setup info such as driver mode, interface buffer settings , the drop out code and details about the project.

On 11/18/2020 at 11:38 PM, Promidi said:

Can you give us a bit more info about your set up?

Audio interface?  Driver mode? MIDI Controller, Windows version

What have you tried so far?

Sorry I went offline a few days, I manage to make it work, I will try to explain as best as I can:

My Set up

AMD Ryzen 3 3200G with Radeon Vega Graphics
Gigabyte B450 AORUS ELITE (motherboard Audio by Realtek)
16G RAM
WINDOWS 10 64 bits

No External Audio Interface

MIDI controller: M-Audio Keystation 49es

So, Like I mentioned before I have been Using Cakewalk for about 4 months now, but before that I was testing for about 2 months at least half a dozen of other DAW to see which one was the best for me, before that no previous Music Production Experience, nothing at all, this is a hobby that I pick up because of the home time due to Pandemic; I was finishing the Drum section of a song, But I wanted to try and test more features of the Cakewalk so I start messing with the plugins in the Right Browser section (BIG NO-NO FOR ME), Do not know what I did but the Audio Engine just dropped (Error 11), and none of the other projects that I did worked.  After a day or two  I decided to uninstall and Re-install the Software (didn't work), that's when I join this forum and decided to post my query.

I talked to a friend via Zoom, as he has more experience with this software, He was clueless, but between the two of us we could manage to figure that the crash only happened when I added a VST (Keyboard, drums, etc...) that Is when I save my projects in another Hard drive, uninstall the software, delete every single folder named either Bandlab or Cakewalk from my computer and Re install the software from scratch.

Everything is Ok now. thank you