Anyone else experiencing lagging issues?

Will.

Question

9 answers to this question

4 hours ago, Promidi said:

Not here.   What graphic adapter do you have?  Do you have the latest drivers for it? (Check using manufacturer's websites rather than Windows updates)

Yeah. Done all those checks yesterday, even cleaned out my fans, CPU and Powersupply. Checked all my windows updates too. 

I'm a huge believer in MSI for close to 20 years now. 

MSI Radeon RX  - 4GB DDR5

What I haven't yet is a re-install. I'm looking at it now, but I don't see away to do that from in the within cakewalk or the Assistant. 

Edited by Will_Kaydo

15 minutes ago, Will_Kaydo said:

Yeah. Done all those checks yesterday, even cleaned out my fans, CPU and Powersupply. Checked all my windows updates too. 

I'm a huge believer in MSI for close to 20 years now. 

MSI Radeon RX  - 4GB DDR5

What I haven't yet is a re-install. I'm looking at it now, but I don't see away to do that from in the within cakewalk or the Assistant. 

I am not sure a reinstall of Cakewalk by Bandlab will actually make a difference.

As a test (and if you have the plug in) try an instance of Cakewalk's Linear Phase EQ (The one that was added to Sonar in April 2016).  Then mess around with the GUI (adding bands) and see what kind of graphic performance you get there.  (This plugin uses OpenGL for the GUI)

Is Cakewalk the only program experiencing this lag?  Are there any other processes running in task manager hogging the CPU (I guess you would have checked that)

3 minutes ago, Promidi said:

I am not sure a reinstall of Cakewalk by Bandlab will actually make a difference.

Most often it does. 

3 minutes ago, Promidi said:

As a test (and if you have the plug in) 

There's no plugins in that project yet - it's all stems that was sent to me. 

And . . . 

Yes, even on an empty project it does it too. 

7 minutes ago, Promidi said:

Is Cakewalk the only program experiencing this lag?  Are there any other processes running in task manager hogging the CPU (I guess you would have checked that)

As far as I know. I don't recall it doing this before. I'm on 2020.11 a day later after it was released.

3 minutes ago, Will_Kaydo said:

There's no plugins in that project yet - it's all stems that was sent to me. 

And . . . 

The reason I said test that specific plugin is to make sure that the GPU on your Graphics card is doing it's job of increasing GUI performance.

If this was a common issue among Cakewalk by Bandlab 2020.11 users, these forums would have lit up with "me too" in response to your question.

Personally, I am suspecting something with your system rather than Cakewalk itself.

Sure, uninstall and reinstall Cakewalk by Bandlab if just to rule that out.

16 minutes ago, Promidi said:

Personally, I am suspecting something with your system rather than Cakewalk itself.

This is popping up in my mind too. It could also be the new update to Windows 10 20H2 I did last week. 

I first did a 2 month check for stability on my laptop (happy with it.) Though it's a model smaller than my studio system - have no issues with it.

Busy backing up everything to the external to get ready for a clean install of Windows 10. Haven't done this for over 2 years, so I believe one is long overdue.

Before doing that though, I'm gonna clean every component first, the rams, remove the CPU and apply new paste, clean the graphic card, run hard drives tests etc. 

It's a dreadful task. 😣

1 hour ago, Promidi said:

The reason I said test that specific plugin is to make sure that the GPU on your Graphics card is doing it's job of increasing GUI performance.

If this was a common issue among Cakewalk by Bandlab 2020.11 users, these forums would have lit up with "me too" in response to your question.

Sure, uninstall and reinstall Cakewalk by Bandlab if just to rule that out.

A reinstallation did the job. 

Think i'm still just gona clean the components anyway, and a clean install of the O.S with a disk format.  I am in the process of doing it anyway. 

20 minutes ago, Promidi said:

Thinking further about this, I am thinking that the Vdist runtimes might have been the culprit here  (which would have been reinstalled).

Could've been, not sure what caused it though, but hey - spend the entire day giving my system an overall service. Just have to install every thing again. System is running smoother now. 💪 Feelling that i7 4th gen again.