Softube Black Weekend 3

cclarry

Black Weekend 3 unlocks this Friday

We hope you’ve been able to take advantage of the first two Black November weekends of discounts on some of our most popular plug-ins like Tape and Harmonics. Which 48-hour deals will Black Weekend 3 bring? We can’t tell you yet, but we can tell you that you’re going to want to check back on Friday to find out.

You also don’t want to miss Black Week, Black Friday, and Cyber Monday, coming soon. Each of these sales features different plug-ins, so make sure that you bookmark our Black November page to avoid missing out on discounts on the perfect plug-ins to give as gifts or to treat yourself this holiday season. To recap, there will be new 48-hour-only offers this Friday, and many more fantastic offers on the way next week.

Bookmark for great deals all month
https://www.softube.com/black-november

5 hours ago, James Foxall said:

Yeah, when Michael specifically recommended it to me via a Zoom call based on his experience with my song, it became the definition of "must buy". :)

this one here? is anyone able to comment on what is go great about it and how much better is it from other older compressors that have been around for  a while?

https://www.softube.com/germanium-compressor

1 hour ago, telecode 101 said:

this one here? is anyone able to comment on what is go great about it and how much better is it from other older compressors that have been around for  a while?

He has a unique action , that alone is worth the try , it's not a 1176 , an ssl , vari mu ect ....UNIK ...

Second : it works really well on any sources  i tried .... hence you know how to use it 

This leads me to the 3rd part : not for kids ,kinda triky to handle  to understand the beauty of all the poissibilities ...

It will handle bass , vocals , drums andything like top of the top , usually comps fail in at least one area .... the KEY is the handling of the feedbck drive and so the freq response , at default setting , you will have some serious meat on lows ;)

My take on it :

• Like 2

1 hour ago, telecode 101 said:

That's the one. I haven't spent much time with it. I put it on the master bus of a project I'm working on, loaded Michael's preset, and decided I need to purchase it. :)

36 minutes ago, James Foxall said:

That's the one. I haven't spent much time with it. I put it on the master bus of a project I'm working on, loaded Michael's preset, and decided I need to purchase it. :)

lol man you just reminded me , i never tried the presets !!

2 hours ago, James Foxall said:

I might reach out to his assistant and ask if I can share the preset. I wouldn't do that without permission...

Larry and Zo can be celebrity endorsers.  They may bite if you present it that way. On my part I have a special skill at making compressor presets sound horrible when I try to use them so no concern from my side 😂 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, emeraldsoul said:

Tell me what you think because I can't use that thing enough, just love it.

How do you use it?  I need to try it again.  I was thrilled to get it in the T&T bundle too, but after a couple of tries I was kind of "meh" and have never really used it...

I tend to use it on sources that need a bit more low and mid presence. I wouldn't feature it on cymbals. I like how it thickens my nasally vocal! Great wet/dry blend. I usually run it at about 70%, anything higher starts to crush stuff.

The downside might be CPU usage, it's not light, and you can't dial it back with any oversampling settings, there are none.

• Thanks 2