Amazon Volatile prices for SSDs (not a deal)

53mph

What is it with Amazon and volatile prices on SSDs?

I've been thinking of upgrading my SSD from 250 Samsung EVO to 500GB - I almost upgraded a few weeks back when prices on Samsung drives were around €60, but I missed that. 

Then this morning I opened Amazon and saw Crucial MX500 for under €50, I started reading some of the reviews by which time it had risen to about €55. I started teaching an hour lesson by the end of which prices were at €60. Now they are up to €65 ... in just over an hour!!!!

It's like the bloody stock exchange. 

2 hours ago, Philip G Hunt said:

What is it with Amazon and volatile prices on SSDs?

I've been thinking of upgrading my SSD from 250 Samsung EVO to 500GB - I almost upgraded a few weeks back when prices on Samsung drives were around €60, but I missed that. 

Then this morning I opened Amazon and saw Crucial MX500 for under €50, I started reading some of the reviews by which time it had risen to about €55. I started teaching an hour lesson by the end of which prices were at €60. Now they are up to €65 ... in just over an hour!!!!

It's like the bloody stock exchange. 

Amazon prices do fluxuate.  Right now it is $56 in the US for the MX500s.  I can imagine the foreign market is a bit different.

That drive around $60 is good, you can get it for less or more as it is a limited supply product. They fairly frequently go out of stock with that model.  

Pretty hefty price swing multiple times in a day, but I'd expect that fluxuation over a week or two from what I've seen historically.

• Thanks 1