Arranger question

Bassfaceus

yep thats it thanks.

now i want to know how to FF and REw whilst playing from the arranger window..everytime i try to move the transport playback stops and i have go back to the beginning of the Section

EG if i want to hear how section A sounds running into Section B i have to play the whole sect A i cant move the Transport towards the end of A   coz playback stops.

Ive been thru a bunch of Youtube tutorials but none mention this

Edited by Bassfaceus

SO does that mean that you guys E.G are listening to your whole verse just to hear how it transitions into the chorus?

because thats what i have to do...

Sorry i sound frustrated its coz i am..i cannot work out how to manipulate the transport whilst

playing sections from the Arranger window without the whole thing stopping.

I don't think the Arranger was designed to be your primary playback control. Try setting loop points, or set markers for "useful playback start points".

That's how we did it before the Arranger came along... and it's a "nice to have" that you can use the Arranger to play a distinct section from start to finish without creating any new loop/marker thingies...

• Like 2

thanks Colin but your suggestion is not practical.

say ive got vrs 1 going into chrs 3 which is different to chrs 1&2  (and further up the in the  timeline  )how would i set up markers or loop points to audition this.

to me its a drawback that i cant control playback in the way im suggesting when using the Arranger feature.

its tedious to wait for a 16 bar section to conclude in order to hear how it works with the next section.

but thanks for your reply

2 hours ago, Bassfaceus said:

thanks Colin but your suggestion is not practical.

say ive got vrs 1 going into chrs 3 which is different to chrs 1&2  (and further up the in the  timeline  )how would i set up markers or loop points to audition this.

to me its a drawback that i cant control playback in the way im suggesting when using the Arranger feature.

its tedious to wait for a 16 bar section to conclude in order to hear how it works with the next section.

but thanks for your reply

Set up a temporary new arranger track with a 1 or 2 bar section at the end of verse 1, then create a new arrangement with the new section leading into chrs 3.

You can have as many arrangements as you want, and it's easy enough to switch between them.

You can then either delete the new arranger track afterwards, or hide it if you need to go back to it.

• Like 1

On 11/19/2020 at 9:17 PM, Bassfaceus said:

SO does that mean that you guys E.G are listening to your whole verse just to hear how it transitions into the chorus?

because thats what i have to do...

Sorry i sound frustrated its coz i am..i cannot work out how to manipulate the transport whilst

playing sections from the Arranger window without the whole thing stopping.

Its definitely possible to start auditioning from anywhere within a section. Two ways:

1. First set the now time on the transport where you want to start from. Then CTRL click the play button on the arrangement section (lower pane in arranger) that you want to start from. Playback will start from the set time within section that you clicked on.

2. First set the now time on the transport where you want to start from. Then press SHIFT-ALT-SPACEBAR. Playback will start from the section that intersects with the set time but from that time rather than the section start.

• Like 1