VST Buzz Deal- 96% off Zampler Bundle

cclarry

Isn't this a rompler?

It seems you can't edit only add effects.

The audio formats is sfz and rex. How hard is it to convert those to wave format?

If i download 72 GB of files i would need it to be waves format to have use for it in other audio applications.

I think you are probably paying for the content rather than the synth.  Looking at the content it's not like a traditional ROMpler but seems to mainly cover a lot of different synthesizers (kind of like Synth Anthology on the cheap).

Zampler is based on Synapse Audio Dune except that the oscillator section is replaced with SFZ, the filter section is simplified and all unison stuff is removed.

I got the free packs that were offered in the deal Larry posted earlier (I already have the free Zampler) and one of them, Mantra, is very good and has some interesting sounds involving vocal effects within synthesised sounds - the others are pretty bog standard synth patches but not bad. Might be worth trying those before committing to the full paid for package?

Edited by JoeGBradford

I found a thread on KVRaudio on Zampler.

Info about Zampler itself:

It plays files in sfz and rex format. It does not play wave files unless you first get an sfz editor and make it sfz file format.

It does not preview the files in the browser.

It does not do a preset change. You will have to go to the browser and load it from there.

Considering that i have lot of good synths and they say the samples is mostly synth sounds i pass on this.

It's a bit hard cause i've upgraded my pc. Now my C drive is 1.5 TB SSD HD compared to the 500 GB mechanical HD that's now drive D.

I no longer need to stay away from samplebased plugins. :)

• Like 2

I downloaded it and played with it last night. Heaps and heaps of sounds, mostly synths and decent quality.

For those who are already synthed up you could take it or leave it. For those who want a wide variety of nice sounds and are happy to work with presets this is worth looking into.

I definitely suggest trying a demo first to see if these sounds and for you. Or watch the demo videos/audio. And yes, you're paying for the content rather than the synth.

13 minutes ago, John Bohlen said:

Anybody got this? Looks like a decent amount of sounds for €29.

As above, yes I grabbed it. A lot of content, varying degrees of usefulness depending on the kind of music you play. Quality is fine for what it is.

• Thanks 1

One thing that John Lemkhul pointed out in his latest livestream is that there are some tuning issues with some of the samples. He was able to correct it using a MIDI tuning parameter. Here's his YouTube video where he talks about the quality control/tuning issues (the rest is worth a listen if you have Unify)... 

Edited by ZincT
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Toffo said:

Thanks ZincT for posting the video. The tuning comments starts at 1:28:25 and yeah, there are some that are very out of tune. Easily fixed but you shouldn't really have to :(

Thanks Toffo, I have updated the link now I am back at my PC.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/26/2020 at 7:29 AM, John Bohlen said:

I wonder if it's just the Ethnic Symphony pack. That's kind of expected as certain "exotic" instruments are tuned differently.

That’s a good question.  I’d written this off due to the tuning concerns I’d heard mentioned (I had already grabbed it with the ridiculous sale price).

If it’s just the Ethnic pack there is is a heck of a lot of good stuff otherwise!  I’d thought maybe it was a general issue.  Got me thinking about it again.

I have more Kontakt instruments, soft synths, wav files, plugins, than I know what to do with so this might take up more space than I need, however from what I've seen and heard I think if you're starting out and low on cash this looks like a worthy pickup. Even with all that I own I'm half tempted just because I like having loads of sounds to choose from. The downside is there is a tendency to waste a lot of time going through sounds when you have as much content as I do so I'll listen to the demos some more and decide if I like any of the sounds enough to jump on it.

I know it's killing me.  I'd hate to hear people say remember that killer deal with Zampler that you can't get anymore legally.  I think I was checking it out and it is about the price of one sample pack, so it really is a great way to boost your sample library.  Is this the only way to get them all, or do they all come with subscriptions to the magazine?  I already have a couple free packs  I picked up.  Thanks!

I'm going to skip this one. I bought the Platinum+ subscription to Beat magazine and went through the last four years of back issues (+ one) and made a list of all the Zampler expansions that were included. In those ~58 issues there are about 80 Zampler expansions of which 51 are included in the VST Buzz deal. I bet the majority of the remaining 26 are also there somewhere, but I'm probably not going to miss them even if they're not.