Open instrument UI on Replace Synth

Starship Krupa

There is never an instance where I don't want to see the new synth's UI when I replace one with another. Never.

We can choose to open the UI when we first create an instrument track, why is this not possible with replace?

The current behavior assumes that I will want to use the synth's default preset. How often is that the case?

• Like 3
  • Great Idea 1

23 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

The current behavior assumes that I will want to use the synth's default preset. How often is that the case?

dude! how can you make popular songs without using the default preset that your synth came with? what? next you're gonna want to eliminate vocal tuning!  <just kidding around here>

actually this is an excellent (and possibly a simple to implement) idea!

Edited by Glenn Stanton
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Oy, this one, too.

My brain has decided that Cakewalk already has this feature, so multiple times a day, it's "Replace Synth, then sit and stare at the screen waiting for the UI to open until I remember that it doesn't work that way." It's like having a rock in my shoe.

Who ever replaces a synth without immediately opening the UI to either edit it or choose a patch? Some instruments, like Kontakt, SampleTank, and Syntronik, have no instrument selected when instantiated. Many others have something like an annoying plain triangle wave (Hybrid, Vacuum Pro).

Please reply if you agree. The way these things get attention is to stay at the top of the pile.

• Like 1