Tail effects FX after cutoff / SOLVED

Misha

Hi Folks. 

Please see attached image. I would like to know if it is possible to "tail" the effect (lets assume reverb or delay) of the piece in the red box?  As you can see volume automation is set to mute the take lane after the phrase in red box.., so when effect is present in the bin, it will die as soon as it hits the volume node.

So what should I do, if I want for effect to continue for "some time" after the phrase in outlined in red box?

I must admit, I forgot how to do these kind of things. I used to know with older Cakewalk (20 years back), but I think the process has changed. 

P.S. I do not want to "render" FX to audio.

Thank you in advance,

Misha.

a.jpg

Edited by Misha
Solved

My preferred way of achieving a similar effect is to have a bus, or an aux track if you wish to freeze/render it, and have the reverb effect on that bus/aux track. Then I use a send to that bus/aux track and this allows me to use normal automation lanes instead.

I personally do not like using clip automation, but that is just me.

Nice!

Worked like magic! 

Synkrotron,  Thank you  for your efforts and graphics! I see what you are saying about buses, and it does make sense, but for my projects gain automation is exactly what I need.

Noel,  Thank you for confirming!

Best regards,

Misha.

• Like 1