Exposed

Lynn Wilson

OK Lynn, this tore me in two directions.  I had to really concentrate to wrap my head around it, and that is what I like most about it.

You always have great vocals and guitar sounds, and the lyrics really tell a story about the relationship between you and your wife, and how it has evolved over time.

For me it was the dichotomy, or maybe the trichotomy,  or even the infinitichotomy of everything that's going on in there and how it all comes together ,  very cool,   the drums set the whole mood and then it is like "listen close if you really want to "get it."

I love that

• Like 1

On 11/29/2020 at 7:44 AM, Jesse Screed said:

OK Lynn, this tore me in two directions.  I had to really concentrate to wrap my head around it, and that is what I like most about it.

You always have great vocals and guitar sounds, and the lyrics really tell a story about the relationship between you and your wife, and how it has evolved over time.

For me it was the dichotomy, or maybe the trichotomy,  or even the infinitichotomy of everything that's going on in there and how it all comes together ,  very cool,   the drums set the whole mood and then it is like "listen close if you really want to "get it."

I love that

Jesse, thanks a million for your kind words.  I appreciate the way you noticed the drums in this, as I wrote the song around the drums presets from the SD3 Fusion Pack.  I believe in a solid foundation!

That transposed vocal is so unique and is a kick. The previous Joe Walsh comparison, spot on, I dig JW and I dig your song!

Lyrics are nicely oblique as well, they match the brilliant unconventional chord changes and arrangement of the song sections.

One of your best in my book!

Cheers,

-Tom

• Like 1

On 12/1/2020 at 12:50 AM, emeraldsoul said:

That transposed vocal is so unique and is a kick. The previous Joe Walsh comparison, spot on, I dig JW and I dig your song!

Lyrics are nicely oblique as well, they match the brilliant unconventional chord changes and arrangement of the song sections.

One of your best in my book!

Cheers,

-Tom

Tom, thank you so much for your kind words!  I guess I was thinking unconventionally in these unconventional times~~~  Thanks, again.

23 hours ago, kennywtelejazz said:

Sounds Great Lynn ! I Love the interplay between all the guitar parts you did around 1:43 ..Yeah that type of arranging and playing is pretty deep .

PS I like all the other parts too ....well thought out ..well played

Kenny

Kenny, hearing this from you is very gratifying!  You and several others on this site have helped push me in the right direction for so long.  Maybe it's starting to pay off.

On 12/3/2020 at 6:38 AM, Paul Bush said:

Hi Lynn, loved this, the chord changes really kept the listener on his / her toes,  just loved the wah wah, anologue or vst ? right up my street  cheers

Hey Paul, thanks for taking the time to listen and reply!  That wah-wah is an auto-wah from TH-U.  I was very impressed with it, so I used it.  Glad you enjoyed it.

16 hours ago, Beagle said:

Lynn - this is great!  loved everything about it!  loved the production, loved the playing, loved the instruments.  loved the vox.  this is top notch!  very cool stuff!

Reece, thank you for your kind words and ears!  When I hear this, I feel like I'm headed in the right direction.

4 hours ago, michaelhanson said:

Lynn - Great work and great song.  This is mixed well.  You vocals are always very recognizable to me.  

Thank you Michael!  It's gratifying to hear this from you, knowing that we've all made great strides over time merely by hanging out here.  And, well done to SG for your prolific work!

1 hour ago, garybrun said:

Very nice mix Lynn.
Loved the guitar panning and skill in your playing.
Vocal layering was cool too.  (even the chipmonks made a guest appearance)   🙂

Very nice job mate.

Gary, it's good to hear from you!  Thank you for your time and effort; it's really appreciated.  Stay safe!

Well, it goes along like a kind of serious piece, then there's that chipmunk vocal section . . . didn't see that coming. The chord progression has a lot of parallel or semitone movement, but yet somehow modulated into an obvious chorus . . . I found that very interesting while listening. There's a lot of things happening panned left and right, and It remains a very clear mix throughout. Great guitars, great vocal and lyrics . . . it checks so many boxes for me. Enjoyed it very much !

• Like 1

22 hours ago, noynekker said:

Well, it goes along like a kind of serious piece, then there's that chipmunk vocal section . . . didn't see that coming. The chord progression has a lot of parallel or semitone movement, but yet somehow modulated into an obvious chorus . . . I found that very interesting while listening. There's a lot of things happening panned left and right, and It remains a very clear mix throughout. Great guitars, great vocal and lyrics . . . it checks so many boxes for me. Enjoyed it very much !

Wow, that's a terrific review!  Much appreciated.  The chipmunk part resulted from my attempt to mimic a trumpet.  It comes from a plug-in called Soundshifter (Waves).  I'm glad you like the song, which encourages me to move forward.

18 hours ago, Barry Seymour said:

Oh, this is fun. It's like if Joe Walsh and Steve Miller had a baby. 😄 I love the energy. And I thought the Chipmunks had retired!??

And rhyming 'ghost' with 'exposed' is bloody brilliant.

OK, Barry, you're on to me ;)  I like to play with DNA sometimes, and crossing Joe, Steve, and Alvin seemed like a winner.  Don't try this at home unless you have the proper equipment!  I agree with you about "ghost" and "exposed", but it's probably more bloody than brilliant.

This is a unique touch, especially for you, Lynn.  Unusual & pleasing.  Your husky and strong vocal really stand out and the effect voc was an ear catcher.

Confused a bit though. In the description here you said it's about your wife but in SC you said it was about the election.  Perhaps both?

😀 John B

• Like 1

On 12/10/2020 at 7:11 PM, Johnbee58 said:

This is a unique touch, especially for you, Lynn.  Unusual & pleasing.  Your husky and strong vocal really stand out and the effect voc was an ear catcher.

Confused a bit though. In the description here you said it's about your wife but in SC you said it was about the election.  Perhaps both?

😀 John B

John, thanks for your time and kind words!  I wasn't aware that I gave two descriptions of this song, but both events coincided, and I finished and posted this song on my wife's birthday, so there you go.  Glad to hear your new song and hope to hear more!