Exposed

Lynn Wilson

Daryl, thanks a million!  I had a lot of fun transposing my vocal scatting up an octave.  It gave the song an almost trumpet like feel (to my ears).

Bjorn, I always appreciate your ears and time and kind words!

Wookie, thanks for your replies and kind words about the wah wah.  It's done in TH-U, one of their better presets.

• Like 1

Having listened to your work over the years, and in comparison, there's so much attitude in this later stuff that works for me. The mix is clean enough and gives a pro feel to the song and your guitar work although a little fussy is top draw .. I think I mean to say ...Great song mate ! Stay well and I hope the misses had a good one 👍

S

• Like 1

On 11/20/2020 at 4:00 PM, Fred's Gratis Scores said:

I liked all the guitars panned left and right. Also enjoyed the transposed vocals., at first I thought it was children. Mix sounds good to me too on my Sony MDX headphones.

Thank you very much for your time and reply!  I'm glad you like the middle section, as it was fun to do.

On 11/22/2020 at 7:48 AM, Bajan Blue said:

Hi Lynn

Loved this - and those pitched vocals sound fabulous - a great effect, and of course your vocals are stellar

A really cool track

Nigel

Nigel, your words are much appreciated!  Like you, I've been trying to stay busy during these trying times.  Thank God for music!

On 11/22/2020 at 2:41 PM, Bapu said:

Very cool song, Lynn. Mix is excellent. 

No complaints here.

Thanks a million, Ed.  It means a lot!

On 11/22/2020 at 3:34 PM, telecode 101 said:

very cool melodic vocal riff there at 1:30 onwards 

Thanks for your time and ears.  I'm glad you liked the scatting!

On 11/22/2020 at 4:27 PM, David Sprouse said:

Brilliant stuff.  You've made me want to fool around with the vocals. That effect is amazing.  Have you ever heard vocaloid?  I'm wondering if that any good.  

David, thanks for your  time and kind words!  I've heard of vocaloid, but haven't tried it.  I've had a lot of fun with OVox (Waves), but I didn't use it in this song, just a transposer and flanger.

19 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

So how is the wah triggered in THU?

I would have missed the transposed vox and assumed it was a synth; cool effect!

(damn I wish the iPhone didn’t insist on correcting my spelling!)

great tune Lynn. 
for whatever reason I feel a kind of Joe Walsh vibe...

t

Hi Tom, thanks for dropping in!  That wah is an automatic wah in TH-U, which is convenient because I don't have a MIDI pedal.  I'm not surprised by the JW reference, as I've listened to a lot of his work over the years.

To all:  stay healthy and productive!

• Thanks 1

I almost missed listening to this song.  That would have been a shame because I have been "Exposed " to some doggone good music!  Not a thing to not to love about this song.  Every is top notch - lyrics, instrumentals (love those guitar leads and fills), cool FX, the mix is great, and wow, those vocals -- cool!!!  Oh ya, great ending also.

Great work my friend!

• Like 1