SOLVED Cakewalk Closing Down after Audio Export

Vernon Barnes

Since installing the latest update 2020.11 ever time I export audio from CbB the program closes (crashes?) when the export is complete.  I am wondering if there is a setting somewher that I have missed causing this or if there is a bug.

The exported files seem to complete.

Edited by Vernon Barnes

I was hoping it may have been a setting but its looking suspiciously like crash to desktop. I notice that dispite the project having been saved before the export it does not appear in the start screen recent files. The export dialog also reverts to MP3 rather than the WAV 44.1 24bit setting I changed it to.

No error messages appear.

I am trying to get everything exported tonight with constant project reloads so I wont be able to do much troubleshooting until tomorrow.

2 hours ago, Vernon Barnes said:

Since installing the latest update 2020.11 ever time I export audio from CbB the program closes (crashes?) when the export is complete.  I am wondering if there is a setting somewher that I have missed causing this or if there is a bug.

The exported files seem to complete.

Does it happen in every project or just the one(s) you're working on? For example, if you just import a wave file to a new project and export that, does that complete successfully? If can upload a project for us to try on our end that would be helpful. 

33 minutes ago, Jonathan Sasor said:

Does it happen in every project or just the one(s) you're working on? For example, if you just import a wave file to a new project and export that, does that complete successfully? If can upload a project for us to try on our end that would be helpful. 

Thanks for the reply Jonathan. So far it has just been the one project, I have not tried anything else yet as I need to get something finished I will look tomorrow and send you a copy of the project.

15 hours ago, Jonathan Sasor said:

The last track I exported last night threw up an error message. This looks like it may be project specific as I have exported successfully from another project today.

I have PM's you a link to the project and mini-dumps.

Bandlab Crash.JPG