Harrison Mixbus 6 Black Friday Offer

cclarry

I never had much curiosity about this, but lately, for some unknown reason, Cubase is giving me trouble playing my videos.    So I've been composing my cues blind, which sucks.

If this can make it easier for me to compose my video cues, that will make it well worth the $19.  And I'm sure there are many other advantages too.

What do you think are the biggest advantages of Mixbus?

5 hours ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

I never had much curiosity about this, but lately, for some unknown reason, Cubase is giving me trouble playing my videos.    So I've been composing my cues blind, which sucks.

If this can make it easier for me to compose my video cues, that will make it well worth the $19.  And I'm sure there are many other advantages too.

What do you think are the biggest advantages of Mixbus?

Sorry to hear Cubase is giving you workflow problems.  I really like Cubase  and it remains my main, but I do like Mixbus for some things, mainly that it is a very console-like workflow and I am a big fan of the sound of Harrison consoles.  But, I've been using it less and less and not sure I'll upgrade this time.  Cubase is powerful enough and I'm able to craft the workflow I need with it for almost everything and I only use a couple other DAWs if I really have to.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zo said:

Still in V3 , used it time to time for mixing small not crowded projects , i do find cubase solid for videos , strange ....

Yes, I never had a problem with it before.  Eventually I need to get some help sorting the problem out. I should contact them.

I love cubase but sometimes you just need to get a job done in a hurry.

35 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

Yes, I never had a problem with it before.  Eventually I need to get some help sorting the problem out. I should contact them.

I love cubase but sometimes you just need to get a job done in a hurry.

Does it happen since some time or is because of a teçent update or some ?

8 hours ago, Zo said:

Does it happen since some time or is because of a teçent update or some ?

It just happened a week ago and I haven't updated.  So maybe some change I made in my project setup?  But the file has the same settings as the video.  The video loads fine, it just plays haltingly, which makes it useless.   I had to just play the video in a loop on the side for general inspiration. 

I'm going to need to spend some time with Mixbus, which I don't have at the moment, between doing my TTF thread, making videos, and buying stuff I don't need.