IK Multimedia Equal free for BPB readers

Finnbogi Ragnar Ragnarsson

One of the annoying things i find about the IK Multimedia T-RackS stuff is they really send you on a run around to get the installer etc.

First to the IK Product Manager app to register, then to the website to download 1.7GB whole T-RacksS installer. Then when you install this it adds ALL T-RacksS efx etc, inc the ones you have not bought, adding them to your VST folders and then they come up in your CW VST lists .. really really annoying, unless i am doing something wrong of course

17 minutes ago, aidan o driscoll said:

One of the annoying things i find about the IK Multimedia T-RackS stuff is they really send you on a run around to get the installer etc.

First to the IK Product Manager app to register, then to the website to download 1.7GB whole T-RacksS installer. Then when you install this it adds ALL T-RacksS efx etc, inc the ones you have not bought, adding them to your VST folders and then they come up in your CW VST lists .. really really annoying, unless i am doing something wrong of course

That is correct.

The only positive here is that you install all of it once, use the plugin manager to hide everything you don't own, then as they send out freebies (or you make purchases), you are not having to reinstall anything.  You just put the serial number in the IK Manager, go to your Plugin Manager in Bandlab and remove the recent addition from the excluded list - you don't even have to run a VST scan again which is always an annoyance. 

Given all the free ones over the past couple years, this method has surprisingly saved some time and effort on installs.  Otherwise, yes, it would be annoying.  

Edited by Brian Walton
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

That is correct.

The only positive here is that you install all of it once, use the plugin manager to hide everything you don't own, then as they send out freebies (or you make purchases), you are not having to reinstall anything.  You just put the serial number in the IK Manager, go to your Plugin Manager in Bandlab and remove the recent addition from the excluded list - you don't even have to run a VST scan again which is always an annoyance. 

Given all the free ones over the past couple years, this method has surprisingly saved some time and effort on installs.  Otherwise, yes, it would be annoying.  

Another option if you have more than one DAW installed, rather than excluding them in each DAW, you can rename the plugin extensions that you do not own in the Windows folders (like add a '.xxx') so that they will not be picked up by any scans.

Same result, just more global. They are still installed, so just rename them as you license them. 😁

32 minutes ago, abacab said:

Another option if you have more than one DAW installed, rather than excluding them in each DAW, you can rename the plugin extensions that you do not own in the Windows folders (like add a '.xxx') so that they will not be picked up by any scans.

Same result, just more global. They are still installed, so just rename them as you license them. 😁

True, but if you have some combination of VST2 and VST3 installs and multiple VST install path messes (like I do) I think I'd get frustrated hunting them down on my machines.  

I think that method would also require re-scans to make them work as you activate them - across each DAW.

I'm thankful I basically only use one DAW, but can certainly see the merits of that approach if you run a bunch of them.

11 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

True, but if you have some combination of VST2 and VST3 installs and multiple VST install path messes (like I do) I think I'd get frustrated hunting them down on my machines.  

I think that method would also require re-scans to make them work as you activate them - across each DAW.

I'm thankful I basically only use one DAW, but can certainly see the merits of that approach if you run a bunch of them.

I'd argue for a single IKM eq plug it's really not worth the effort - a 2gig download - and lots of work ?

• Great Idea 1

31 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

I agree for one DAW. Less clicks.

But since I have 4 DAWs, plus Akai VIP in standalone mode, I'd rather edit in my VST2 and VST3 folders.

Each host has its own plug-in hiding/exclusion process...

Edited by abacab

5 minutes ago, simon said:

I'd argue for a single IKM eq plug it's really not worth the effort - a 2gig download - and lots of work ?

I agree for one processor. But I have T-RackS 5 MAX, and there are STILL some plug-ins not licensed with that package. Arrghh! Demos hidden.

2 minutes ago, locrian said:

So, not worth all the trouble for one vanilla EQ.  Thanks.  I pass.

probably not - but you get either 4$ or 9$ in IKM fantasy dollars  - depending on who you ask.....

Plus at my advanced age the puzzle hunt aspect of finding the correct word in the headline is "Brain Training"

Edited by simon
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, simon said:

Simon - if you only have one single IKM product...well sir, you are doing it wrong.  Visit this forum more often.

Things I've gotten for $5 or less over the last year just by visting this forum and making a purchase or jump through hoops to get the serial

EQual

Tape Echo

Classic Clipper

Amplitude SVX

Amplitude Metal

T-racks - ONE

Black 76 Limiting Amplifier

Model 670 Compressor

Seriously all 2020....from this forum..... for under $20 total (digital magazine purchases in some instances), and at least half of them just plain free.

And I'd also add IKM also has other free plugins/vsts that a deal isn't needed for.  2GIGs is a lot for one plugin certainly, but I think my post above suggests anyone getting in on just this deal is late to the party.  What if I thought the same about the Model 670 COMP I got nearly a year ago, then the next and the next...and forfitted all of that becuase I didn't think it was worth it.

Outside side of needing reverb, I could mix a whole track with those tools alone.

Edited by Brian Walton
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

Simon - if you only have one single IKM product...well sir, you are doing it wrong.  Visit this forum more often.

don't worry Brian, I got the serial :) even though I have Max....

Still wouldn't bother installing it just for one plug though - too many hoops to jump through

3 minutes ago, simon said:

don't worry Brian, I got the serial :) even though I have Max....

Still wouldn't bother installing it just for one plug though - too many hoops to jump through

if you have IKM Max you should be avoiding this forum....just GAS for things you don't need.  🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 1